Godzilla (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
JohnConstantine wrote:Yes the CGI needs to be polished. This movie, as of this scale, needs that. Is there time? Till august If I'm correct.
What? The movie comes out in May

JohnConstantine wrote:Yes the CGI needs to be polished. This movie, as of this scale, needs that. Is there time? Till august If I'm correct.
It comes out in May.

This has got to be one of the most exciting summer lineups I've seen in a while. Godzilla nearly tops the list.

OMG why are we so nitpicky grrr... Fucking CGI ruined it all.

Doesn't matter, they'll do the job in time I'm sure (remember Pacific Rim nitpicking) but then again TRAILER WORKED, movie might work as well.

I thought the CGI looked fine.

m4st4 wrote:OMG why are we so nitpicky grrr... Fucking CGI ruined it all.

Doesn't matter, they'll do the job in time I'm sure (remember Pacific Rim nitpicking) but then again TRAILER WORKED, movie might work as well.
I mean, it's not really nitpicking if its one of, if not, the most important aspect of a film like this. It looks pretty good in the darker scenes but in broad day light it's pretty amateur by the standards. Not to completely shit on them or anything though, doing major CG work in day light is a very difficult thing to pull off.

m4st4 wrote:OMG why are we so nitpicky grrr... Fucking CGI ruined it all.

It didn't ruin nothing for me, and I'm sure it's the same for the others, just a concern. May (I wasn't sure which month) is so close.

Looks to be better than most this summer, but I'm still not fully sold.

Jim Rygiel worked on LOTR Trilogy (won Academy Award for it), budget is 160 mil. - I'm sure it'll be amazing. ;)

Anyone who thinks the CG needs to be pristine for the film to be effective needs to check out Gareth Edwards' Monsters.