Iron Man 3 (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Seems like Marvel was getting too pushy.
Jon Favreau is no longer involved in the world of Iron
Man. He won’t direct the third film in the series, if there is one, and you probably shouldn’t be surprised, especially if you’ve been following along on this site. We told you back in August here that Favreau was pretty unhappy with Marvel, after being overlooked for the Avengers directing job and after troubles on Iron Man 2 in which he was forced to do things he simply didn’t want to do.

The news of his departure from the franchise he helped build comes from NY Mag where they say Favreau has just said goodbye to Marvel after informing them he won’t direct Iron Man 3. As of yet it’s not entirely clear whether Marvel will even make an Iron Man 3 but by making his position clear Favreau has freed himself up to move on and do other things.

From the tone of his conversation on the subject in recent weeks it had begun to sound as though Marvel was pulling another Iron Man 2 on him and pushing him into making his movie something he didn’t want. Talking to MTV News this week Favreau said of his conversations with Marvel: “This whole world … I have no idea what it is. I don’t think they do either, from conversations I’ve had with those guys.”

Here’s something to really be worried about. Jon Favreau isn’t the only one who’s been unhappy with the direction Marvel’s headed. The same source which first told us of his problems with the company indicated that Robert Downey Jr. had similar concerns. Downey is under contract for Iron Man 3 and probably can’t get out of it, but without Favreau at the helm he may not be very happy about doing it.
They really need to learn from WB who knows when to back off and let their directors do their job. When a director delivers something great as Iron Man, don't go bossing him around for the sequels.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well thank god we may actually get a decent movie. not. Marvel completely SUCK. Cant believe Jon Favraue actually thought he might get the avengers job though.

No favreau? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

it seems on that the hollywood reporter among other sites are tryin to reach favreau's rep for confirmation. i will go f^cking apeshit if this is true.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

James wrote:Well thank god we may actually get a decent movie. not. Marvel completely SUCK. Cant believe Jon Favraue actually thought he might get the avengers job though.
Favareau is better then that hack Joss Whedon.

James wrote:Well thank god we may actually get a decent movie. not. Marvel completely SUCK. Cant believe Jon Favraue actually thought he might get the avengers job though.
No, him trying to get the Avengers job is completely reasonable. Iron Man is the only superhero movie I would put up there with The Dark Knight. It had a great story, funny dialog, interesting characters, and it was a good action film (though the ending was a tad weak). Marvel dun goof'd.
Last edited by chee on December 14th, 2010, 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

that guy is awesome its a shame that he wont return :cry:

fuck u marvel, avengers better be DAMN GOOD (Which i think it will). damn, such a shame. :cry:
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

That really is unfortunate. I was luke warm about Iron Man 2, but Iron Man really is a solid comic book adaptation.