Iron Man 3 (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Peace wrote:
I just wonder if it will beat TDKR. Not sure why :lol:
Probz
That's what I'm thinking too.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Probz
I doubt it. Rises made an amazing amout of money. This not only lacks the fanbase of The Dark Knight Saga, but also has a lot of more (and tougher) competition in its month (Star Trek comes soon after this, doesn't it?).
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
Peace wrote:
I doubt it. Rises made an amazing amout of money. This not only lacks the fanbase of The Dark Knight Saga, but also has a lot of more (and tougher) competition in its month (Star Trek comes soon after this, doesn't it?).
I still think it might if the reviews are decent. TDKR was popular as all get out but it still left more casual movie goers let down. You know with Batman hardly being in the movie. I think this will make more.
Say Girl

Avengers, 3D, Imax, and general ticket inflation are also factors.

SilverHeart wrote:Avengers, 3D, Imax, and general ticket inflation are also factors.
yeah This is why it will make a lot of money.

OK, I'll say it'll dance around the 800, 900 millions or 1 billion, but if it breaks the mark it'll be for a relatively little amount. Any other thoughts?
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:OK, I'll say it'll dance around the 800, 900 millions or 1 billion, but if it breaks the mark it'll be for a relatively little amount. Any other thoughts?
Pretty much what you said, yeah.

It's all related to the reactions from audience. If it gets A from Cinemascore my prediction is that it will get to 1.2 billion at the end of its run at the least. Let's not forget Iron Man 3 will most likely sell more than The Avengers in Europe because TA couldn't reach its full potential there and it wasn't particularly strong compared to the The Hobbit or Skyfall. But since it had a massive run in the rest of the world there is a good chance the excitement for it in Europe will go considerably higher.

Also the the trailer view counts (53 millions) are far more than those for The Avengers (35 millions trailer #1 and 45 millions trailer #2) and Rises (30 millions for trailer #2 and 27 millions for trailer #3) . So it breaking the record for the best first weekend in US is not off the table either.

I'm only speculating based on the limited facts here, I might end up being totally wrong at the end.

Hahaha

Jonas Agersø wrote:
Hahaha
Disliked. They're freaking copycats.

Also Iron Man 3 trailer 1 has 53 FREAKING MILLION VIEWS! That's almost twice the amount of views that TDKR trailer 3 had (which was the most watched movie trailer on YouTube). :shock: