Super 8 (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vasticity wrote:I lost faith in J.J. Abrams after that horrible lost ending and that awful Star Trek remake. I'm going to sit this one out
It wasn't awful, just not as good as it could've been. :(

I've been an Abrams fan ever since Alias & Felicity. Count me in.

MrG

WTF?! It was working fine earlier & now its acting screwy! :evil:
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

chee wrote:
Vasticity wrote:I lost faith in J.J. Abrams after that horrible lost ending and that awful Star Trek remake. I'm going to sit this one out
JJ had nothing to do with LOST's ending, so that's a mute point (Damon and Carlton wrote it), and if you'd be willing to PM me your problems with it, I'd love to discuss them, it's been a while :D

What didn't you like about Star Trek? I'm coming to it from a Star Wars greatly despising Star Trek background, and ended up loving the picture, thought it was a blast, so I'm curious, especially since most like it.

MrG

What didn't you like about Star Trek? I'm coming to it from a Star Wars greatly despising Star Trek background, and ended up loving the picture, thought it was a blast, so I'm curious, especially since most like it.
YEAH!!! I was also raised to hate star trek with a passion & what do you know?, the new ended up on my top 3 films of 09. & im a massive star wars fan. :lol:
It's fine. I found it here:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/super-8-su ... xlv-teaser

I can't wait for the full preview tomorrow. Oh yeah, and the football game, that looks good too...
Thanks a bunch! :)
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

Has a e.t-ish vibe to it. & I LIKE IT!

chee wrote:
You're all insane.