Super 8 (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the amount of kids in this trailer kinda annoys me
kids as main characters are not good for this kind of movie

Dark Nolan wrote:the amount of kids in this trailer kinda annoys me
This is basically ET. A bit more violent looking, but still, E.T. worked brilliantly becuase it was from a child's perspective. Spielberg's methodology with a script from Abbrams should really deliver

MW715 wrote:
This is basically ET. A bit more violent looking, but still, E.T. worked brilliantly becuase it was from a child's perspective. Spielberg's methodology with a script from Abbrams should really deliver
Actually is a mix between ET and Stand by me. So I think is interesting.

MW715 wrote:
it worked brilliantly from child's perepective if you're a child - lately it's hard for me to identify with kids (maybe I'm getting old)

Dark Nolan wrote:
MW715 wrote: This is basically ET. A bit more violent looking, but still, E.T. worked brilliantly becuase it was from a child's perspective. Spielberg's methodology with a script from Abbrams should really deliver
it worked brilliantly from child's perepective if you're a child - lately it's hard for me to identify with kids (maybe I'm getting old)
It should identify with the child in all of us! :D

I'm getting more and more excited for this film. It may just be the best of the Summer.

Can't wait to watch this. :)

I kind of agree with you about the kids. I watched the trailer again and there are too many kids. I am sure they are all talented, but this is definately a movie for kids. And based on what I see in the trailer specially focusing on the atmosphere and cinemtography it seems like much of the film will be taking place during night. If not much of the film, but I am pretty sure the main parts of the film is shot during night. And this film has a E.T tone to it. JJ Abrams grew up watching Steven Speilberg films and him and director Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In) were both approached by Spielberg after their short film got Spielberg's attention. And Steven let Abrams and Reeves to see his short films that he directed during the course of his teenage years and this whole thing makes sense now that this story could be one of Steven's short films from back in the days.

When STAR TREK came out and Abrams was doing different kinds of interviews, he mentioned that his next film will be a film for kids titled, MYSTERY AT 5TH AVE and I think that Abrams used the fake title so people don't ask any questions related to the project since it is so secret. I just hope the monster or whatever it is doesn't disappoint me.

Spielberg likes using kids, he does it alot. :facepalm: Like Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Nonetheless, I don't think this'll be a typical Spielberg film. Aabrams is the writer and he's not one to tone things down to a child's level. I'm guessing it'll be from a child's perspective but still be just as grueling as Cloverfield. ;) Should be good

:shifty: Wow, the advertising for this film has gone an unexpected direction. They made an "interactive trailer/level" and added it as an extra for the game "Portal 2".