Super 8 (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I saw this movie trailer awhile back. It's a teaser and told next to nothing about the movie outside of a monster escaping from a train that got derailed.

It's J.J. Abrams though, along with Spielberg. I'll definitely make time to see this movie.

Saw the trailer when it first leaked (cam corded version went up) online. Looks very interesting. Will definatly be seeing this.

what do u guys think of the possible creature design?
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

I doubt we'll actually get it fully on screen much (much like Cloverfield), but I quite like it.

thenextnolan wrote:what do u guys think of the possible creature design?
It kinda sucks.

This might be a dumb question but how do we know it is a creature feature? Is there a briefing that says so?

I honestly had no clue what to make of the first trailer and some people said they were hoping for a sequel to Cloverfield until they saw Super 8 go across the scree. How the crap did people make a connection between the trailer and Cloverfield?

im probably the only 1 who digs the possible desgin?

personally, im excited for this but then again....i dislike cloverfield(monster looked really good IMO)
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Just like Cloverfield, I don't want to see the creature right now.
I want to see that creature in cinema!

I am very much a fan of Cloverfield, so I am excited for this project!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I lost faith in J.J. Abrams after that horrible lost ending and that awful Star Trek remake. I'm going to sit this one out