HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the finale is kind of an A-

-Vader

It’s definitely a D In terms of general reception regardless of what I think about it

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 12:47 pm
It’s definitely a D In terms of general reception regardless of what I think about it
That's true, but parsing out the robust quality of Season 8 vs the reaction to it are, of course, very different things.

Maybe I'm naive, but I truly believe over time Season 8 will be remembered more for what it got right than what it got wrong. An excellent example is The Long Night. It looks like pure sex in high quality, but most people didn't experience it that way. That primed the backlash as much, or more, than any story-level problems. And what's more, anger over Bran's arc "not going anywhere" will vanish in hindsight.

Another is that the broad strokes of the ending--Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa Dany, etc--perfectly suits their 10 year long character arcs.

-Vader

Future book spoilers from a cast member interview
Isaac Hempstead Wright confirmed that Bran becoming the king is something GRRM told D&D https://i.redd.it/zm46i3jz48131.jpg

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Future book spoilers from a cast member interview
Isaac Hempstead Wright confirmed that Bran becoming the king is something GRRM told D&D https://i.redd.it/zm46i3jz48131.jpg
How could it be any other way? No way D&D would pull THAT out their ass.

The finale was brilliant, it will take a few years for people to realize it. Jon/Tyrion and Jon/Dany is some of the best acted/written scenes of the series.

Idk

people still accuse George Lucas of "literally raping my childhood" or whatever nonsense

fandom has become almost dangerous

I loved the last two episodes.