Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 5:31 pm
Vader182 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 5:20 pm
antovolk wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 4:31 pm
okay, I caved and watched this despite only being partway through S2 in my marathon.

CHILLS. LITERAL CHILLS. Brilliant trailer.
unless you're already spoiled what the actual fuck

-Vader
I mean, one of my best irl friends was obsessed with the books and one couldn’t avoid social media when Joffrey bit it, the White Walker king showed up, the Red Wedding and Jonerys happened...all the trailer did for me story spoiler wise is at most said oh these characters remain alive. Don’t know the context for most of this stuff and how it all led to this.

Now if the trailer had the GoT equivalent of ‘Thanos wiped out 50% of all life’ from the Endgame teaser then...yeah
lol

I promised to fight for the living. I intend to keep that promise.

Okay so that trailer was pretty damn atmospheric and hyperising.

bring

it

on

Runtime list:

Episode 68: 54 minutes - April 14
Episode 69: 58 minutes - April 21
Episode 70: 60 minutes - April 28
Episode 71: 78 minutes - May 5
Episode 72: 80 minutes - May 12
Episode 73: 80 minutes - May 19

finale isn't at least 2 minutes longer than the penultimate?

fuck this

boycott this bullshit

Nomis wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 6:40 pm
Runtime list:

Episode 68: 54 minutes - April 14
Episode 69: 58 minutes - April 21
Episode 70: 60 minutes - April 28
Episode 71: 78 minutes - May 5
Episode 72: 80 minutes - May 12
Episode 73: 80 minutes - May 19
That's why you don't go crazy in interviews and tell everyone that episodes will be long as feature movies.
People will be dissapointed.

When did they even said that though, I mean, if you're in the middle of post-production you can't know for sure anyway.

Being disappointed by the runtimes is such bull. The Spoils of War was one of the shortest episodes ever and still delivered.

Any theories on what Tyrion said to Cersei in the S7 finale?

I'm thinking it was something like, "say you'll help us fight the walkers, but don't actually send anyone, if it makes you feel better".

But I'm thinking Jayme parting ways with her may have thrown a wrench into that. Like Tyrion decides to side with his family at the end, but he sees Jayme in trouble and feels conflicted or something.

Cilogy wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 11:14 am
Any theories on what Tyrion said to Cersei in the S7 finale?

I'm thinking it was something like, "say you'll help us fight the walkers, but don't actually send anyone, if it makes you feel better".

But I'm thinking Jayme parting ways with her may have thrown a wrench into that. Like Tyrion decides to side with his family at the end, but he sees Jayme in trouble and feels conflicted or something.
I think it has something to do with Cersei's child. Either Tyrion tried to guilt-trip her into helping them for her child if nothing else (in which case he got played since Cersei plans on betraying them anyway) or he arranged for the child to become Dany's heir should she die in battle in exchange for Cersei's help. Either way, Cersei does not care and will happily sit out any conflict or actively try to destroy them all, though I don't think the Golden Company would be of any use against undead warriors and White Walkers. In any case, she will try to betray them thinking she will come out on top when actually that just lowers her chances of survival, since she does not know or care to find out how to deal with the wights and White Walkers. Self-destructing is kinda Cersei's whole deal.

Ace
HBO just added 22 more minutes to Game of Thrones season 8

Episode 801: 54 minutes
Episode 802: 58 minutes
Episode 803: 82 minutes
Episode 804: 78 minutes
Episode 805: 80 minutes
Episode 806: 80 minutes

HBO added 22 minutes to Episode 803, bringing it from 60 minutes up to 82. That means it’s not only the longest episode of the season but of the entire series, beating out the last title holder, season 7’s “The Dragon and the Wolf,” by a minute. That oughta please people, no?

Mind you, I very much doubt that HBO suddenly found 22 spare minutes of footage lying around and decided to glom it on to Episode 803; the network probably just hadn’t finalized the runtimes when we reported on them last.

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/03/15/h ... lWq-Bo7fsQ