Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah she looks formidable. Unfortunately, Theon's storyline is the least interesting to me. Maybe it will improve thanks to some clever "editing".

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Yeah she looks formidable. Unfortunately, Theon's storyline is the least interesting to me. Maybe it will improve thanks to some clever "editing".
I think part of the reason it's so uninteresting is because nearly every one of his scenes in the third season was the same. Hopefully it'll pick back up in four. In the books, he's just flat out not in three or four. After being captured in book two, we don't see hide or hair of him again until five, and then we find out that he was being tortured. The showrunners probably just kept him in because they didn't want to abandon him for the viewers after season two.

The Greyjoys are so unlikable. I might change my mind about Yara though. But Theon I won't forgive him for what he did to Winterfell and his dad, well he's as likable as Frey.

Theon's arc in book five is some of the best stuff George has written IMO.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Theon's arc in book five is some of the best stuff George has written IMO.
Is your avy supposed to be Stannis and Davos?

BroskiSabor wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Theon's arc in book five is some of the best stuff George has written IMO.
pretty sure it's jaime and the dude who cut off his hand
edit: whoops
Last edited by Sandy on June 13th, 2013, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Yes.

It is Stannis chopping off The Onion Knight's fingertips after he saved all his men from starvation during the siege of Storm's End.

i don't agree that all the Theon scènes were just the same. It's a slow deconstruction of who he is and by the end he even has a new name and yes I know what's coming up with him in the ltaer books. His story is the only worthwhile thing about A Dance With Dragons. And i don't think those scenes this season were just there to give us Theon. they were also meant to flesh out the real monster in ASOIAF: Ramsay Bolton (never call him Snow).

Batfan175 wrote:i don't agree that all the Theon scènes were just the same. It's a slow deconstruction of who he is and by the end he even has a new name and yes I know what's coming up with him in the ltaer books. His story is the only worthwhile thing about A Dance With Dragons. And i don't think those scenes this season were just there to give us Theon. they were also meant to flesh out the real monster in ASOIAF: Ramsay Bolton (never call him Snow).
Thoughts on Dance With Dragons and Feast For Crows?