Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I was blown away by how awesome the first episode was! And yeah, the title sequence was frakking incredible. :twothumbsup:

HBO, we need a 2nd season confirmation asap!!!

Wow. I'm floored. That's THE best production value I've ever seen on a television series. Period. Best premiere I've ever seen outside of LOST/BSG.

I really like this guy's review! :)

P.S- Just watched the 1st episode, the Stark children are PHENOMENAL!!! :twothumbsup:

Okay, i got a vid of the title sequence. :twothumbsup:

Check it out!

Karazax wrote:Great character cheat sheet here: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/up ... -101-f.jpg

Great work! I love it - and I would recommend it to ever non-reader who's watching the show. :)

BTW, James Hibberd of Entertainment Weekly has the full numbers from the Game of Thrones premiere. Hibberd reports that 2.2 million viewers watched the first airing at 9 PM, 1.2 million watched the second airing and 800,000 the third. The total number of viewers who watched Thrones on Sunday night was 4.2 million!And an additional 1.2 million people watched Game of Thrones during Monday repeat airings. This brings the direct viewing number to the total of 5.4 million. 8-) Considering that True Blood opened with a figure of 1.4 million viewers, this indeed very good news! :twothumbsup:

Werthead talks about GoT's success across the Atlantic-
Even more impressive is its ratings success in the UK. Thrones is airing on Sky Atlantic, a new channel which only launched eleven weeks ago. Furthermore, whilst Sky is in a lot of homes in the UK (just over 10 million, or about a quarter of the total number of households in the country) its television drama ratings have historically been pretty low: Battlestar Galactica typically got 100-200,000 viewers on the far better-known and more-established Sky One and was counted as a success. Also on Sky One, Lost got about 400,000, rising to 600,000 for the finale, and was counted as a big hit for them. Boardwalk Empire got 400,000 when it debuted as Sky Atlantic's flagship show in February (dropping down to 200,000 within two weeks) and was counted as a success.

So all of these factors mean that Game of Thrones getting 743,000 viewers for its first hour has sent Sky representatives into paroxysms of happiness on Twitter. This is a huge and unexpected success. I expect to see a big drop-off for the second week, as that always happens plus it's a holiday weekend, but even so this bodes well for Sky's future coverage and sticking with the programme.

Karazax wrote:Great character cheat sheet here: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/up ... -101-f.jpg
Thanks, that's indeed very useful for someone who is not familiar with the books. I found it a bit hard to keep up with all the introduced characters and their relations. The pilot was definitely very intriguing and I'll be watching the next episode. But I hope it gets a bit more streamlined, that each episode focuses more on one or two story arcs instead of covering all of them.