Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I do like Clarke's acting in the scene where she snaps. I also thought she was good in her scenes with Tyrion and Jon earlier in the episode. She has properly been the best performer of the cast this season, though many haven't had barely anything to do.

Demoph wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 4:00 am
I think an important reason for Dany's action is Sansa's betrayal. She came up North, played a major part in saving the North, and yet was immediately betrayed by Sansa, and it was logical for her to assume that it would be even worse in King's landing, where the population had been fed lies about her for months/years. Sansa's actions very much justify her considering that she can only rule through fear, and that she needs to demonstrate her strength, and end her reputation as a merciful leader. I hope the show will not forget to confront Sansa to this result of her actions. Sansa played the game quite as cynically as Littlefinger.
Yes but Sansa’s writing is flawed as hell. It’s like season 6 when she goes after Jon for attacking the Bolton’s without more troops when as far as he knows he has as many as he’ll get, she’s withholding the info. Here, she’s openly antagonistic towards Jon, Tyrion and Dany about his alliance despite it being the only reason they’re all breathing. There’s no other choices as far as Jon (or anyone) knows.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 4:11 am
Demoph wrote:
I think an important reason for Dany's action is Sansa's betrayal. She came up North, played a major part in saving the North, and yet was immediately betrayed by Sansa, and it was logical for her to assume that it would be even worse in King's landing, where the population had been fed lies about her for months/years. Sansa's actions very much justify her considering that she can only rule through fear, and that she needs to demonstrate her strength, and end her reputation as a merciful leader. I hope the show will not forget to confront Sansa to this result of her actions. Sansa played the game quite as cynically as Littlefinger.
Yes but Sansa’s writing is flawed as hell. It’s like season 6 when she goes after Jon for attacking the Bolton’s without more troops when as far as he knows he has as many as he’ll get, she’s withholding the info. Here, she’s openly antagonistic towards Jon, Tyrion and Dany about his alliance despite it being the only reason they’re all breathing. There’s no other choices as far as Jon (or anyone) knows.

-Vader
Agreed. I've never really understood why she didn't trust Jon more in season 6, but I've not understood why Littlefinger came to the rescue in the first place: because Sansa saw him killing her aunt? Well then why did he kill her in front of her? Anyway, since season 4, there's been issue with Littlefinger and Sansa's relationship, which then affected Jon and Sansa's. As for Dany and Sansa's relation, I thought episode 1 did a good job at teasing it as one of the key of the season, then episode 2 offered us the first confrontation. But there should have been another, or two other encounters after the battle. Without making it ten epsiodes, I think most of the pacing issue would vanish if episode 4 was 2*50 minutes.

Demoph wrote:
I think an important reason for
Dany's action is Sansa's betrayal. She came up North, played a major part in saving the North, and yet was immediately betrayed by Sansa, and it was logical for her to assume that it would be even worse in King's landing, where the population had been fed lies about her for months/years. Sansa's actions very much justify her considering that she can only rule through fear, and that she needs to demonstrate her strength, and end her reputation as a merciful leader. I hope the show will not forget to confront Sansa to this result of her actions. Sansa played the game quite as cynically as Littlefinger.
I began the season rooting for
Tyrion and Sansa, now I'm rooting for Tyrion and Arya. I don't want Arya to get the throne, but I want her to fully embrace her humanity, and get an "happily ever after"
I'd hope since last episode was about
deconstructing Dany's heroic journey, that next episode will be about deconstructing Jon's heroic journey.
It would be pretty good to deconstruct Jon's journey. He's too good at his core, not only for his own sake (I mean lol he did got murdered) but also for the realm. He's just too honest like Ned.
I hope Sansa and Bran get something significant to do in the finale. Daenerys was the only one to see through Sansa's actions in "The Bells" and she'll probably feel her wrath. It's actually pretty fun that all four great houses still exists prior to the final episode. Targaryen, Stark, Baratheon and Lannister. Even though the latter two consist of only two people lol.
Daenerys was the younger and fairer Queen of Cersei's prophecy told by the witch when she was young, not Sansa as I thought it would be one of them. Would be pretty nice if we'd get some more insight into other prophecies, mainly the prince or princess that was promised if they plan on doing something with that.

no fucking way sansa “saw” what daenerys was up to, because that’s illogical. sansa barely knows shit about dany, she has no idea what she was doing until she landed on westeros. her distrust of dany is mostly based on jealousy, general wariness of someone who is “foreign”, and the only thing she “sees through” is the fact that dany shows she’s power hungry and would be an all or nothing absolutist if she was queen. those are absolutely bad things for sansa, but implying they were “enough” for sansa to expect dany to do what she did in kl is nonsensical. i know people now want to legitimize dany’s “snap” and ground it by finding clues where there are none but right now that’s a big reach. had sansa been shown how prone to violence dany normally is, maybe that would hold water.

Well I could understand Sansa's motivations to tell Tyrion about Jon's true parentage. Of course Sansa would want Jon on the throne over someone she doesn't know. And, as Daenerys was right about, Sansa trusted Tyrion to tell others and to even conspire against Daenerys.
Best case scenario still would've been if Jon would've said to Daenerys they could rule together as King and Queen. I don't think even Tyrion suggested this directly to Daenerys, he only spoke about it with Varys. Now if Daenerys would even accept that is another thing. Also, how is she going to plan the next generation? She still hasn't become pregnant and the Witch said she's barren. Fingers crossed for Daenerys she actually is pregnant of Jon lol

What did everyone think of
Cleganebowl
?

Ruth wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 5:47 am
no fucking way sansa “saw” what daenerys was up to, because that’s illogical. sansa barely knows shit about dany, she has no idea what she was doing until she landed on westeros. her distrust of dany is mostly based on jealousy, general wariness of someone who is “foreign”, and the only thing she “sees through” is the fact that dany shows she’s power hungry and would be an all or nothing absolutist if she was queen. those are absolutely bad things for sansa, but implying they were “enough” for sansa to expect dany to do what she did in kl is nonsensical. i know people now want to legitimize dany’s “snap” and ground it by finding clues where there are none but right now that’s a big reach. had sansa been shown how prone to violence dany normally is, maybe that would hold water.
thank god at least tyrion and jon explained to sansa and the starks and the north the huge list of amazing achievements like freeing hundreds of thousands from slavery

oh

-Vader

nomis, yeah but you’re going around in circles now. it has nothing to do with what i said. in your last post you almost directly implied sansa foresaw what dany would do, and that’s just something the show NEVER does.

No, I meant the other way around.
Daenerys saw through Sansa telling Tyrion and why she would've done that. Daenerys talks with Tyrion about this in their first scene together in "The Bells".