Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Among all Dance's situation bothers me the most. Just give the guy some worthy roles already.£

Master Virgo wrote:Among all Dance's situation bothers me the most. Just give the guy some worthy roles already.£
At least he got to be in The Imitation Game but yeah.

Kit delivered a good performance in Testament of Youth, I liked that film.

Here's the thing: These are not compatible scenarios. Either Sansa planned Littlefinger's late arrival — in which case she's responsible for the carnage and for recovering Winterfell, or she didn't and gets no credit for the victory. She just got lucky. I worry — I really do — that Game of Thrones, by eliding the horrific compromises she'd have had to make offscreen to make this work, is awkwardly trying to make her virtuous and a great planner, a feminist powerhouse who might still be a force for good. The Battle of the Bastards made that structurally impossible. I hope they see that. I hope they don't try to make her both.
Why not? My reading....as I've said so many times over in this thread... is that she's warped and damaged to the point she'll protect herself at the risk and cost of those around her. She trusts no one. It's not that she's this brilliant schemer, it's that she's been the victim of psychological warfare and won't allow herself to be victimized again at any cost. She feels safer when she holds the cards, especially when as many fans have pointed out, she never really was close to Jon or knew him all that well. She's scheming for her own protection and well being, but she's also young and simply doesn't know much about battle or the world. The writing seems to intend for us to understand her choices while questioning the validity of their rightness. She clearly should have alerted Jon so they could construct a better and more thorough strategy.

The issue with the writing, up to this point anyway, is that it hasn't explicitly underlined the dominant motivations she has. Why does she want Winterfell? Revenge on Ramsay? An overpowering drive to feel "safe" in her home? I think those are both pretty compelling answers, rather than her having some sense of nobility or interest in saving the realm (like Jon). But I think her character would be the stronger if they clarified some of this for us. It is indeed a little opaque.

-Vader

New pics:

Nomis wrote:New pics:

Soundtrack is on Youtube and the last track kinda reveals the last scene of the season (and it's a stunning piece of music, Djawadi has outdone himself again)

Dany & The Ironborn leaving Meereen. Allstar is gonna be so pissed lol.

I already knew that would be the ending.
D&D are hilariously predictable with their hard on for the character. It's her tenth triumphant moment of the season.

Allstar wrote:I already knew that would be the ending.
D&D are hilariously predictable with their hard on for the character. It's her tenth triumphant moment of the season.
Except this time it makes complete sense to end it this way. They're building up to this moment for 6 seasons now.