Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yet another well shot and scored episode, and I liked a lot more about this episode than the previous one. But things still felt very rushed, and I can't help it but feel very disappointed at the end of the show. It doesn't only have to do with this episode alone, but the entire last season as a whole and everything that weren't adressed or explained or just simply rushed. This season should have been ten episodes long.

Overall, I am satisfied. There were a couple of decisions that made me go "Really? That's what we're going with", but once it all settled in, it just felt right to me. It stuck the landing, despite being a little shaky on impact.

BlairCo wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 6:31 am
Overall, I am satisfied. There were a couple of decisions that made me go "Really? That's what we're going with", but once it all settled in, it just felt right to me. It stuck the landing, despite being a little shaky on impact.
This is kinda me as well. My biggest pain is Jon's ending.
it breaks my heart that he's outcasted to the wild after all the pain and suffering he's been though, especially with killing his love. I'm going to miss this show a lot but this particular characters ending resonates with me so much for some reason. It's absolutely tragic.

JON BABY IM SO SORRY I WANT TO SCREAM

he ultimately might be happier this way AND ALSO HE GOT TO BE WITH GHOST and it was such a beautiful moment i cried it almost makes you forget they played jon dirty AGAIN BUT THIS TIME FOR FUCKING UNSULLIED I CANT

also bran you little bitch "why do you think i came all this way" i fucking i just
okay so i'm kind of exaggerating but this is so sad and tragic and bittersweet

this was so beautiful and so emotional and i have so many feelings but also my heart is broken and im sad this is the end, i cried during the ending montage and i want to cry now again

Wonder how the independence of the North will be received in Madrid and Barcelona... or in Belfast.
"Everywhere she goes, evil men die and we cheer her for it, and she grows more powerful and more sure that she is good and right." is one of the very best line of the show, also one of its most daring, and I love it.
Bran seeing the future makes one wonder if he couldn't have prevented the massacre of King's landing.
Ruth wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 7:12 am

i cried during the ending montage and i want to cry now again
Yeah, same.
Brienne writing, and Arya telling Jon she still has Needle had already brought tears to my eyes.

Demoph wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 8:07 am
Ruth wrote:

Yeah, same.
Brienne writing, and Arya telling Jon she still has Needle had already brought tears to my eyes.
yeah i cried during that exact moment when jon asks arya about her needle :cry: but then he reunited with ghost and i lost all remnants of my dignity

also amidst all of my feelings, i momentarily forgot about drogon
my poor baby drogon :( it was beautiful and kinda hilarious that he knew what was best for westeros lmao, but it was so heartbreaking, just him nudging dany's body :cry: :cry:
i'll probably have more elaborate thoughts on everything later after i've had more time to reflect on this, but right now i don't really want to think whether i found this disappointing or not. just two things that stood out
i really disliked how jon had to be convinced by tyrion to do what he did. i understand his love and huuuge, deep moral conflict he had, but i feel like it was so jarring to see him harp on "our queen" after what she had done to king's landing. i feel like the showrunners emphasized this to make his kill feel more shocking which i guess it worked, because i thought jon was totally going to pull jaime 2.0

also the time skip, the council and bran as the king - what the fuck
but i also recognize that it's still my emotions speaking so i'll refrain from commenting furter for a bit lmao. the scene was weird no matter how you look at it though.

Ruth wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 8:46 am
Demoph wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 8:07 am
Ruth wrote:

Yeah, same.
yeah i cried during that exact moment when jon asks arya about her needle :cry: but then he reunited with ghost and i lost all remnants of my dignity
Just realized that Davos correcting Bronn's grammar is what Shireen did to him. And I'm back to sobbing...

PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 1:40 am
I laughed at one of the reviews saying this episode was regressive because the small council
is all male...

Really, that’s your review? People who only think politics and get offended on something they shouldn’t are a cancer to this world.
Nah, you're the cancer. Good thing your kind is right on their way to extinction.£

Nobody can claim it was perfect or that there weren't any bumps along the way. But in the end, this last episode felt strangely satisfying and it managed to capture the bittersweet feeling that GRRM has been striving for.
Bran becoming the new king will probably feel more earned in the books, supposing that his journey might be different.
From the various flaws of the show, the thing the really didn't fulfill its potential for me was
Jon's parentage. Yeah, it's one of the main reasons that made Dany snap but it all felt a bit inconclusive. It didn't seem as substantial as it should have been, I think.

I think the finale transcended the season as a whole. It was a decent ending overall, not glorious, but arguably more satisfying than disappointing.

I think I might actually put this season above S5 or maybe even S7.£