Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sansa did it because, "You know nothing Jon Snow."

Iwan Rheon was brilliant. "Do you like games, Little Man?" played so well. Very nice setup that did not feel contrived.

The Petyr Ex Machina was half expected, but they did a great job of building the suspense. For a time, I was uncertain of the durability of Jon's plot armor.

Per episode 10 preview
White Raven arriving from Citadel signaling winter has come.

Batfan175 wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:The battle was brilliant alright. I can't decide whether it was better than Watchers Of The Wall. Still more impressive were some of the characters like Sansa and Ramsay considering they haven't had the best of seasons. This episode is definitely my favorite Ramsay moment. The opposite can be said of Jon. I don't think I've seen a titular character as nonessential and frankly dumb as this one. It almost made it difficult for me to invest in the fight.

And Dany and Yara...
Jon
behaves like a Stark, which is why he doesn't believe that Ramsay is as cruel as Sansa makes him out to be, which is why he gets played. Theon got played too because he needed to trust someone in his moment of weakness. Ramsay's just good at exploiting people's weaknesses, in Jon's case his love for his brother. Sansa warned him that Ramsay would likely pull something like this and this is where Sansa and Jon differ: she has learned how to not do the noble thing if it gets you hurt so she has to anticipate and second-guess other people's intentions. Jon has not been in her circumstances, which is why he often takes what other people tell him at face value. He did not grow up around backstabbing scumbags who say one thing and then do the opposite like Sansa did. He has mainly fought against wildlings, deserters and White Walkers. Those are opponents who give an accurate first impression of what they are about. Ramsay is not that kind of guy and Jon overestimates himself in his assessment of that person he has not known how to fight yet.
There is nothing noble about single-handedly charging a cavalry, forcing your men to abandon carefully laid plans and get slaughtered, and his sister killed too in a worse case scenario. And Jon is not some sort of novice but a seasoned warrior for him to make a such a decision at that time. The writers could have still find a way to make Jon's army lose, even with all their plans, without including Jon self-sabotaging. LF and Sansa would have still been able to save the day.

Well I agree with her. I can't think of another show that's on the level of GoT, especially after last nights episode.

The Dues Ex Machina didn't bother me because it wasn't a glorified part of the episode. It was significant and huge of course...but it quickly transitioned into another action beat which I appreciated. I can't reasonably imagine it being better executed than it truly was.

-Vader

The scene where Davos finds the stag was beautifully acted by Cunningham. That's how you do subtlety ladies and gents.

I can't believe people are complaining about the Jon trying to save his brother part. It's one of those moments where people act all high and mighty like they would be perfect in a situation. He hasn't seen his siblings in how long? I find it shocking how many keyboard warriors are out there on this. So you mean to tell me, that all of you would be perfect in a similar situation where someone you loved dearly was about to be killed and you thought you could save them? Oh please, this is like the people that say things like, "why didn't they just kill the bad guy with the gun?" when they haven't even shot a gun before.

PowerDump wrote:
I can't believe people are complaining about the Jon trying to save his brother part. It's one of those moments where people act all high and mighty like they would be perfect in a situation. He hasn't seen his siblings in how long? I find it shocking how many keyboard warriors are out there on this. So you mean to tell me, that all of you would be perfect in a similar situation where someone you loved dearly was about to be killed and you thought you could save them? Oh please, this is like the people that say things like, "why didn't they just kill the bad guy with the gun?" when they haven't even shot a gun before.
What he said.
Sometimes I question myself why I come to this foruns. It's like people are looking for reasons to complain about something just for them to say they have a opinion. The episode was great, Jon did what every character would do and if he didn't you guys would still complain.

Ivan wrote:
PowerDump wrote:
What he said.
Sometimes I question myself why I come to this foruns. It's like people are looking for reasons to complain about something just for them to say they have a opinion. The episode was great, Jon did what every character would do and if he didn't you guys would still complain.
It just reminds me of a friend that complains about such things, yet she feels awful and upset if they hit a rabbit on the road.

How did Sansa know Ramsay's hounds have not been fed in 7 days? She leaves before he mentions that. Does not seem like something Jon would bring up to her lol. What would be the point.

Want to know what would be epic if it happened in the finale?
Euron stealing the dragons.

Allstar wrote:How did Sansa know Ramsay's hounds have not been fed in 7 days? She leaves before he mentions that. Does not seem like something Jon would bring up to her lol. What would be the point.
Because a solid few hours past between Sansa asking Jon where Ramsey was and when she showed up to kill him. He stopped from beating him to death so she could do it; makes sense that she'd figure out the most justified or poetic way to finish him off.

Jon: He's in the dog cages.
Sansa: His bloodhounds.
Jon: ... they haven't been fed in a week...
Sansa: Awhhhh shittttt