Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Not watching live because of game 7. Gotta do what I gotta do.

Anyone else in same boat?

Allstar wrote:Not watching live because of game 7. Gotta do what I gotta do.

Anyone else in same boat?
Nope.

Basket-ball :lol:

Idiots.

I don't watch sports.

-Vader

Yeah, it's Game 7 for me as well. I prefer to watch basketball live and I always watch Game of Thrones with a group of friends later on, so the choice is obvious.

Never really cared about basketball so...

Game of Thrones director: 'I have not had one discussion about Lady Stoneheart'
Game of Thrones fans clinging onto the prospect that we will see book favourite Lady Stoneheart in the TV series may have had their hopes dashed once again.

The character - the reanimated corpse of Catelyn Stark (Michelle Fairley) - emerges in George RR Martin's novels to lead the Brotherhood Without Banners.

However, she has so far made no appearance nor been mentioned in the HBO series.

Director Mark Mylod - who helmed recent episodes 'The Broken Man' and 'No One' - has now admitted that he has "not had one discussion" about Stoneheart.

"I'm not in the writers' room, and I can honestly say, hand over heart, that I have not had one discussion about Lady Stoneheart," he told IGN.

"So I have no idea what's going on in [showrunners] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss]'s minds.

He admitted that as a fan he gets caught up in the characters and plots, having to draw back so that he can "play the moment and not the future".

Mylod added: "It's important for me to stay focused on the present and to find that emotional truth in the moment. And I don't mean that as a dodge in this case.

"I've genuinely had no discussions about Lady Stoneheart, so I genuinely couldn't comment about whether that might or might not be in their minds for the future."

The most recent episode 'No One' seemingly suggested that we would not be seeing Lady Stoneheart after Beric Dondarrion was still alive - he gives his life to bring Cat back after her Red Wedding death.

However, the episode heavily referenced the Stark matriarch, and although the showrunners have said that Lady Stoneheart is not happening, they did say the same of Jon Snow.

EPIC episode. :clap:

Epic battle scenes indeed.

You could sense the high stakes during the battle. Anything could happen. Nobody were safe.

And yes, we were blessed with yet another Daenerys moment. You cannot have too many of those.