HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:First of all, I don't understand why anyone would dislike this finale, the last scene was pretty fucking epic.

Second, Arya is a fucking badass.

and
I loved the fact that headless Robb with Grey Wind's head was put in, I think I would have cried if it wasn't referenced in some way.

also "The Dead Starks" should totally be a band
thoughts on
1. pork sausage
2. stannis/melisandre/davos

I really liked this episode it was filled with fantastic dialogue, and many good scenes. For a finale it didn't have anything huge, but rather packed with more consistancy, and a finish that will please most. The standouts were Stannis/Melisandres/Davos, Arya, and Cersei for me. All of those storylines were fantastic, despite
The short interaction between Jaime, and Cersi(I WANTED MORE!!!!) fucking emotional
Other thoughts...
WTF YGRITTE!!!! :evil:

The last scene was good, and beautifully done, but Daenarys story still isn't very intriguing for me. It wont mean much in the long run though, and her storyline relies on these moments that try to be epic, and sometimes fall short.
Last edited by Durden on June 10th, 2013, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durden wrote:I really liked this episode it was filled with fantastic dialogue, and many good scenes. For a finale it didn't have anything huge, but rather packed with more consistancy, and a finish that will please most. The standouts were Stannis/Melisandres/Davos, Arya, and Cersei for me. All of those storylines were fantastic, despite
The short interaction between Jaime, and Cersi(I WANTED MORE!!!!) fucking emotional
Other thoughts...

The last scene was great, and beautifully done, but Daenarys story still isn't very intriguing for me.
I was ready for your comments on Ygritte. Rose Leslie sure sold that scene. And I'm glad someone agrees with me about Dany.

Only Dany fanbots would be pleased with that ending imo.

Such an awful/predictable ending for a finale. Sigh.

Sandy wrote:
Durden wrote:I really liked this episode it was filled with fantastic dialogue, and many good scenes. For a finale it didn't have anything huge, but rather packed with more consistancy, and a finish that will please most. The standouts were Stannis/Melisandres/Davos, Arya, and Cersei for me. All of those storylines were fantastic, despite
Other thoughts...

The last scene was great, and beautifully done, but Daenarys story still isn't very intriguing for me.
I was ready for your comments on Ygritte. Rose Leslie sure sold that scene. And I'm glad someone agrees with me about Dany.
Yeah I struggle between wanting to like the ending more than I actually did, her story line feels somewhat forced at times, but the execution is rather good at times when drawing emotion. Apart of me was disappointed when I saw her in the last scene thinking, how are they going to make this an epic ending without being predictable. I wont say it was abysmal, but in terms of ending a season it fell short in terms of that HOLY SHIT factor like the previous seasons.

Sandy wrote:
Cilogy wrote:First of all, I don't understand why anyone would dislike this finale, the last scene was pretty fucking epic.

Second, Arya is a fucking badass.

and
I loved the fact that headless Robb with Grey Wind's head was put in, I think I would have cried if it wasn't referenced in some way.

also "The Dead Starks" should totally be a band
thoughts on
1. pork sausage
2. stannis/melisandre/davos
1. tasty

I've honestly never been quite interested in the Stannis storyline, but Davos seems like a good chap, and that scene pretty well done.

Lets all give a hand to Cunningham for his terrific and heartfelt performance tonight. :clap:

Couple of problems i had with the finale and the build up to it:
1. There were too many scenes occupied by minor characters, whose dialogues were saturated with trivial details providing no exposition whatsoever.
2. Tyrion and Cersei have had ample screen time in previous episodes they need to stop milking the family talks.
3. The Theon and Ramsay exchange was over extended as well.
4. Dany never engages with the slavers of Yunkai, she never even enters the city of Yunkai. WTF? Are they cheaply delaying everything to next season?
5. The exchange between Frey and Bolton has no mention of Edmure and his whereabouts. (Also Blackfish is just a complication that the writers should have foreseen).
6. Needed more Arya and Hound.
7. Needed a cliff hanger.
8. Fuck Gendry.
Last edited by DoubleD on June 10th, 2013, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilers

Allstar wrote:Lets all give a hand to Cunningham for his terrific and heartfelt performance tonight. :clap:
He is always great, just got more screen time and delivered so I wasn't surprised, but definitely happy about it. That story line is packed with great dialogue, and the tone is so powerful at times without forcing it down our throats like Daenarys. :lol:

Allstar wrote:Lets all give a hand to Cunningham for his terrific and heartfelt performance tonight. :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: he really did a great job.

And viral114 please learn to use spoiler tags. It would be great if you could edit that post and slap some tags on it. And don't say silly shit like "fuck Gendry" ever again.