Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:How do you guys think this season will end?

BOOK SPOILERS:
Since they already did 2/3 of the entire third book and even though I know all the things that have yet to happen in the next season, I still wonder how they're going to end this fantastic season. Will it be exactly like the books? Jon riding away? Will they let Ygritte die in the last episode instead of later on in the next season? Will the Hound die already which would mean Arya already goes to Braavos next episode instead of at the end of next season? Or will this season end with a striking finale of Dany taking Yunkai i.e. sort of like episode4 when she took Astapor only that we'll have a longer version of that? Orrr, Lady Stoneheart starting with her vengeance at the very end, even after the credits?
big book spoilers
I read a little about this on the ASOIAF wiki, I'm not sure how much time passes between the Red Wedding and Joffrey's assassination, but I'm thinking he'll die in the season finale. It would be a great way to top off last week's shock.
big book spoilers
a lot of the speculation leads to the conclusion that we'll have to wait for that. there is some necessary build up to his wedding and at least one character has to be introduced.

Cilogy wrote:

BOOK SPOILERS:
Since they already did 2/3 of the entire third book and even though I know all the things that have yet to happen in the next season, I still wonder how they're going to end this fantastic season. Will it be exactly like the books? Jon riding away? Will they let Ygritte die in the last episode instead of later on in the next season? Will the Hound die already which would mean Arya already goes to Braavos next episode instead of at the end of next season? Or will this season end with a striking finale of Dany taking Yunkai i.e. sort of like episode4 when she took Astapor only that we'll have a longer version of that? Orrr, Lady Stoneheart starting with her vengeance at the very end, even after the credits?
big book spoilers
I read a little about this on the ASOIAF wiki, I'm not sure how much time passes between the Red Wedding and Joffrey's assassination, but I'm thinking he'll die in the season finale. It would be a great way to top off last week's shock.
It's plausible, I think I've read somewhere that Natalie Dormer (Margaery) said that the finale will be a shocker. And knowing that she's the fiancé of Joffrey, it actually makes sense.

Cilogy wrote:

BOOK SPOILERS:
Book spoilers
big book spoilers
That's what I thought would happen, but someone (oracle, I think?) proved me wrong somehow. Something about casting. Kind of makes sense, because there needs to be some more set up before that wedding can happen. I think it has to do with certain characters. I really wish they would have put it in this season, though. They've been building up to Joff's wedding all season.

Cilogy wrote:

BOOK SPOILERS:
big book spoilers
Book Spoilers
Nah, it wouldn't only be quite the same, people who've paid attention can suspect such a thing since Stannis burned those leeches. But of course, Karstark cursed Robb too in a certain way.. My father wasn't so pleased when I helped to remind him of those things, as subtle as I could so he wasn't that happy, he had put the pieces together quick. That way, you'd say Joffs death will be in the finale but I really think it's not. There's still another important character to be introduced before that.

So does anyone who HASN'T read the books have a guess about next week?

My theory on the season finale that's probably completely wrong:
I have a strong feeling that either Joffrey or Tywin will die, probably the former since he's been named by Stannis. In order for there to be a "game of thrones", there has to be some competitiveness and after Blackwater Bay and the Red Wedding the Lannisters have basically become untouchable. They have to be taken down a peg or two. Plus, last time a major Stark character died, Jaime was captured so I fully expect that something bad will happen to a Lannister.

Episode 30: Mhysa
Writers: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss
Director: David Nutter
Runtime: N/A
Original Airdate: June 9, 2013
Synopsis: Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator.

Things we can guess from the synopsis and the promo -

BOOK SPOILERS
- Bran & co. meet Sam.
- Davos helps Gendry escape.
- The Hound fights some people.
- Jaime reaches King's Landing.
- Jon reaches Castle Black.
- Balon Greyjoy dies.
- the Mhysa scene

oracle86 wrote:
Synopsis: Joffrey challenges Tywin.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Cilogy wrote:

BOOK SPOILERS:
Book spoilers
big book spoilers
That's what I thought would happen, but someone (oracle, I think?) proved me wrong somehow. Something about casting. Kind of makes sense, because there needs to be some more set up before that wedding can happen. I think it has to do with certain characters. I really wish they would have put it in this season, though. They've been building up to Joff's wedding all season.
yeah oracle might have explained this already but
in the plot synopsis it states: Joffrey challenges Tywin

This must be the chapter when Tywin, Tyrion, Joffrey and the rest of the Lannisters learn of the events of the Red Wedding and the end of the War against the Starks basically

Joffrey is happy as fuck because Robb is dead and he wants to boast about it until Tywin says something to the effect that Joffrey shouldn't act like that because that's not how a king should be. Joffrey confronts Tywin afterwards calling him a coward for not coming to Robert Baratheon's help during his rebellion.

Plus; as soon as the Purple Wedding goes down, Tyrion is jailed. I don't think the writers would want to have Tyrion in jail for most of season 4, just a waste.

All right, well, I guess we have some shit to look forward to next season. :lol: