HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Episode 30: Mhysa
Writers: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss
Director: David Nutter
Runtime: N/A
Original Airdate: June 9, 2013
Synopsis: Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator.

Things we can guess from the synopsis and the promo -

BOOK SPOILERS
- Bran & co. meet Sam.
- Davos helps Gendry escape.
- The Hound fights some people.
- Jaime reaches King's Landing.
- Jon reaches Castle Black.
- Balon Greyjoy dies.
- the Mhysa scene

oracle86 wrote:
Synopsis: Joffrey challenges Tywin.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:How do you guys think this season will end?

BOOK SPOILERS:
Book spoilers
Since they already did 2/3 of the entire third book and even though I know all the things that have yet to happen in the next season, I still wonder how they're going to end this fantastic season. Will it be exactly like the books? Jon riding away? Will they let Ygritte die in the last episode instead of later on in the next season? Will the Hound die already which would mean Arya already goes to Braavos next episode instead of at the end of next season? Or will this season end with a striking finale of Dany taking Yunkai i.e. sort of like episode4 when she took Astapor only that we'll have a longer version of that? Orrr, Lady Stoneheart starting with her vengeance at the very end, even after the credits?
big book spoilers
I read a little about this on the ASOIAF wiki, I'm not sure how much time passes between the Red Wedding and Joffrey's assassination, but I'm thinking he'll die in the season finale. It would be a great way to top off last week's shock.
That's what I thought would happen, but someone (oracle, I think?) proved me wrong somehow. Something about casting. Kind of makes sense, because there needs to be some more set up before that wedding can happen. I think it has to do with certain characters. I really wish they would have put it in this season, though. They've been building up to Joff's wedding all season.
yeah oracle might have explained this already but
in the plot synopsis it states: Joffrey challenges Tywin

This must be the chapter when Tywin, Tyrion, Joffrey and the rest of the Lannisters learn of the events of the Red Wedding and the end of the War against the Starks basically

Joffrey is happy as fuck because Robb is dead and he wants to boast about it until Tywin says something to the effect that Joffrey shouldn't act like that because that's not how a king should be. Joffrey confronts Tywin afterwards calling him a coward for not coming to Robert Baratheon's help during his rebellion.

Plus; as soon as the Purple Wedding goes down, Tyrion is jailed. I don't think the writers would want to have Tyrion in jail for most of season 4, just a waste.

All right, well, I guess we have some shit to look forward to next season. :lol:

Cilogy wrote:All right, well, I guess we have some shit to look forward to next season. :lol:
BOOK SPOILERS
Yeah, they have to introduce Mace Tyrell and Oberyn Martell (Red Viper) first, then give us the background info of their animosity and also the reason for the Red Viper's visit to King's Landing - he's come to get Ser Gregor Clegane the Mountain because he raped and killed his sister Elia Martell during Robert's Rebellion (this was mentioned in passing this year), but probably will be emphasised even more next year.

And then they can do Joffrey's wedding, the poisoning, Tyrion's imprisonment, Sansa's escape, the duel b/w the Red Viper and the Mountain (the most badass fight scene mentioned in the books till date!), and finally Tyrion's escape and Tywin's death. Yeah. lots of interesting things ahead. :D
BTW, this is just so awesome!

Last edited by oracle86 on June 7th, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oracle86 wrote:
Episode 30: Mhysa
Writers: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss
Director: David Nutter
Runtime: N/A
Original Airdate: June 9, 2013
Synopsis: Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator.

Things we can guess from the synopsis and the promo -

BOOK SPOILERS
- Bran & co. meet Sam.
- Davos helps Gendry escape.
- The Hound fights some people.
- Jaime reaches King's Landing.
- Jon reaches Castle Black.
- Balon Greyjoy dies.
- the Mhysa scene
I'd like to add something to that:
I think that the Hound gets injured but defeats his opponents. Arya can give him a clean death but she lets him suffer. I bet Arya already gets her book3 story arc completed, I believe she's setting sail to Braavos in episode10. Just like her last scene in that book was.

Lol just realized Walder Frey is Argus Filch from Harry Potter :lol:

Also, does anyone know if
Euron and Victarion Greyjoy will appear in the 4th season? Or the 5th?

Alberto wrote:Lol just realized Walder Frey is Argus Filch from Harry Potter :lol:

Also, does anyone know if
Euron and Victarion Greyjoy will appear in the 4th season? Or the 5th?
It has not been confirmed till date, but I think they will be introduced next season at the kingsmoot.

Alberto wrote:Lol just realized Walder Frey is Argus Filch from Harry Potter :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

OMG!