HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
"A Dothraki wedding without 3 killings is considered a dull affair."

"Pfffft amateurs" - Walder Frey

UltraDangerLord wrote:
"A Dothraki wedding without 3 killings is considered a dull affair."

"Pfffft amateurs" - Walder Frey
:lol:

Jax, you should be accustomed by now with the world of GRRM

Watching the episode with friends when you know what's gonna happen

:lol:

ps: anyone knows how to post here the image of a tweet? must I print screen it or it's an easier way?

JohnConstantine wrote:ps: anyone knows how to post here the image of a tweet? must I print screen it or it's an easier way?
I think you have to print a screen yes.

ohh well. posting 2 pictures then (not of tweets)

So I'm watching the episode and I'm like first off: "Aaaaw I love weddings :D "
So halfway through I'm thinking... there better be a good reason why there are no Lannisters in this episode :geek: then...
HOLY FUCKING SHIIIITTTT!!! :o :shock:
but none of that came to mind yo. RIP Catelyn

So the uncle and nephew are the only survivors right?
LOL Snow
When he ran away leaving Ygritte, I was like Fuck that ship.
Can we also have a moment for Jorah
His face when Dany asks about Darrio :cry:
One question: What is the significance of the music playing when they locked the doors??

It's the music from The Rains of Castamere, the Lannister song.

ResurrectionRas wrote:It's the music from The Rains of Castamere, the Lannister song.
Ooooooh :shock: Fucking Tywin knows how to play the game yo.

For those who read the book...
I'm concerned about the whole Robb's heir, you know. Very different from the TV show.

I'm just gonna say this: For me, this was the best episode in the series, so far. Everything was perfect, each scene, the tension, the drama, everything was masterfully done. I don't believe there's any episode in any series that has affected me the way this one did.
Brilliant job.

And now we know why they showed Tywin writing those letters in the first few episodes of this season. Here's an excerpt from the book when Tyrion goes to meet Tywin after he regains consciousness -
Lord Tywin Lannister was seated beneath the window, writing by the glow of an oil lamp. He raised his eyes at the sound of the latch. “Tyrion.” Calmly, he laid his quill aside.
“I’m pleased you remember me, my lord.” Tyrion released his grip on Pod, leaned his weight on the stick, and waddled closer. Something is wrong, he knew at once.
“Ser Bronn,” Lord Tywin said, “Podrick. Perhaps you had best wait without until we are done.”
The look Bronn gave the Hand was little less than insolent; nonetheless, he bowed and withdrew, with Pod on his heels. The heavy door swung shut behind them, and Tyrion Lannister was alone with his father. Even with the windows of the solar shuttered against the night, the chill in the room was palpable. What sort of lies has Cersei been telling him?
The Lord of Casterly Rock was as lean as a man twenty years younger, even handsome in his austere way. Stiff blond whiskers covered his cheeks, framing a stem face, a bald head, a hard mouth. About his throat he wore a chain of golden hands, the fingers of each clasping the wrist of the next. “That’s a handsome chain,” Tyrion said. Though it looked better on me.
Lord Tywin ignored the sally. “You had best be seated. Is it wise for you to be out of your sickbed?”
“I am sick of my sickbed.” Tyrion knew how much his father despised weakness. He claimed the nearest chair. “Such pleasant chambers you have. Would you believe it, while I was dying, someone moved me to a dark little cell in Maegor’s?”
“The Red Keep is overcrowded with wedding guests. Once they depart, we will find you more suitable accommodations.”
“I rather liked these accommodations. Have you set a date for this great wedding?”
“Joffrey and Margaery shall marry on the first day of the new year, which as it happens is also the first day of the new century. The ceremony will herald the dawn of a new era.”
A new Lannister era, thought Tyrion. “Oh, bother, I fear I’ve made other plans for that day.”
“Did you come here just to complain of your bedchamber and make your lame japes? I have important letters to finish.”
“Important letters. To be sure.”
Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Spare me these coy reproaches, Tyrion.
natalie wrote:For those who read the book...
I'm concerned about the whole Robb's heir, you know. Very different from the TV show.
Book Spoilers
Yeah, in the book, it was left ambiguous whether Jeyne Westerling was pregnant or not. Her mom said she gave her moon tea to prevent having a baby. Catelyn remarks that Jeyne had wide hips, but later in Book 4, when Jaime meets her, he says she has narrow hips. That sparked a lot of speculation whether the real Jeyne Westerling had escaped. I guess the showrunners wanted to cut out unimportant arcs, so they eliminated the problem by killing her in RW. They would've probably asked GRRM earlier - so maybe that subplot really is unimportant after all. Who knows? Someone needs to ask GRRM that whenever he goes to a Con next.