HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Durden wrote:
Sandy wrote:
How about Jorah fuckin' Mormont. I just read a lol comment on reddit that quoted Bart Simpson "You can actually pinpoint the moment his heart snaps in half."
Jorah is a beta phaggot, and Daneary's wants the black knight -misc lingo
goddamnit man I actually lol'ed at the first part of that sentence and was about to call you out on it until you added the -misc lingo part. :lol: :lol:

This is my full reaction to tonight's episode, or at least the essential parts of it, and will necessarily have to be fully spoiler tagged. If an episode deserved my time doing it justice, this was it:
I question how anyone with a beating heart and an ounce of empathy can watch the final stretch of tonight's masterful episode and not shake and cry and, at least for a second, contemplate forsaking Game of Thrones altogether and relieve yourself the suffering you'll inevitably endure. While I can't commend it for recapturing the bravery and invention of beheading the main character the entire series and ad campaign hung itself on, I can proudly say Martin and the showrunners left me exhausted in all my faculties.

There's a lot going on throughout this episode, interconnected through the classic Shakespearian theme of betrayal. Bran, in his own way, betrays his own conceptions of himself, he betrays Tonks in a sense. Betrayal was the main catalyst of stakes as Dany's underwear model may or may not be leading them into a trap. Jon and Yigrette had the worst case of it amongst the side-stories, with Jon's lack of betrayal to the Night's Watch consequently betraying her, likely leaving her heartbroken. I contend was he less scattered he may have had the reason to continue fighting with the aid of the two wolves and rescue her, but alas, he didn't. As a segue into the 'big' events, the noted absence of betrayal leading to Arya essentially threatening him ties into this as well, leading her into a bloodbath I wish more than anything else in Westeros she'd have not seen.

As for the final minutes of the episode, it's no secret I've been critical of both Cat and Robb to varying degrees throughout the show's run, but any man or woman should tremble at the sight of a knife piercing a pregnant womb in frightening succession. Robb Stark deprived of the chance to raise his father's namesake with his hands clutching the violated womb of his wife despite being on the cusp of death, and Catelyn Stark's murder-suicide believing both her beloved and mighty husband as well as all her children dead-- with Arya so close-- transcends petty appraisals of how much you did or did not like these characters. Watching what happens to them and the exact manner that it does, is such an implicitly heart shattering moment no wall of twitter reactions can effectively summarize the depth of this loss.

I may not have liked Robb, his wife, or his mother, but I loved them. They symbolize the legacy of a tirelessly inspiring figure while also commanding respect of their own in spades. Further, though it was their own mistakes they were paying for, they were far greater people than many of us will ever hope to be. That it has become so easy to speak of them as people rather than inventions of fiction is a testament to everything this series has come to represent, which, in a way, makes the Red Wedding the culmination of everything that makes these stories so wonderful. I can't wait to continue regretting how much I love this show.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:This is my full reaction to tonight's episode, or at least the essential parts of it, and will necessarily have to be fully spoiler tagged. If an episode deserved my time doing it justice, this was it:
I question how anyone with a beating heart and an ounce of empathy can watch the final stretch of tonight's masterful episode and not shake and cry and, at least for a second, contemplate forsaking Game of Thrones altogether and relieve yourself the suffering you'll inevitably endure. While I can't commend it for recapturing the bravery and invention of beheading the main character the entire series and ad campaign hung itself on, I can proudly say Martin and the showrunners left me exhausted in all my faculties.

There's a lot going on throughout this episode, interconnected through the classic Shakespearian theme of betrayal. Bran, in his own way, betrays his own conceptions of himself, he betrays Tonks in a sense. Betrayal was the main catalyst of stakes as Dany's underwear model may or may not be leading them into a trap. Jon and Yigrette had the worst case of it amongst the side-stories, with Jon's lack of betrayal to the Night's Watch consequently betraying her, likely leaving her heartbroken. I contend was he less scattered he may have had the reason to continue fighting with the aid of the two wolves and rescue her, but alas, he didn't. As a segue into the 'big' events, the noted absence of betrayal leading to Arya essentially threatening him ties into this as well, leading her into a bloodbath I wish more than anything else in Westeros she'd have not seen.

As for the final minutes of the episode, it's no secret I've been critical of both Cat and Robb to varying degrees throughout the show's run, but any man or woman should tremble at the sight of a knife piercing a pregnant womb in frightening succession. Robb Stark deprived of the chance to raise his father's namesake with his hands clutching the violated womb of his wife despite being on the cusp of death, and Catelyn Stark's murder-suicide believing both her beloved and mighty husband as well as all her children dead-- with Arya so close-- transcends petty appraisals of how much you did or did not like these characters. Watching what happens to them and the exact manner that it does, is such an implicitly heart shattering moment no wall of twitter reactions can effectively summarize the depth of this loss.

I may not have liked Robb, his wife, or his mother, but I loved them. They symbolize the legacy of a tirelessly inspiring figure while also commanding respect of their own in spades. Further, though it was their own mistakes they were paying for, they were far greater people than many of us will ever hope to be. That it has become so easy to speak of them as people rather than inventions of fiction is a testament to everything this series has come to represent, which, in a way, makes the Red Wedding the culmination of everything that makes these stories so wonderful. I can't wait to continue regretting how much I love this show.

-Vader
masterful post.

Jesus, I feel so emotionally unstable right now :lol:
What a wonderful episode. I've been waiting for this since I first saw season 1 and got to read the books (well, not all of them). It broke my heart when I read it, and now it broke my heart even more when I finally saw it. Cat's death felt so depressing and seeing how close Arya was and how she had a chance of finally reuniting with some of her family made it even worse.

Also, I was somehow expecting Oona Chaplin's character to survive, especially when we didn't Jane Westerling in the show. But stabbing a pregnant woman's womb was... shockingly horrible.

muahahahahaha :twisted: I was waiting for these reactions :twisted:

On a side note, how stupid to see people on the net saying "GoT worst show ever", "GoT lost a viewer tonight" etc. I mean, bunch of kids, because only stupid kids can say that. Acting like pussies and such. I mean, ok you were shocked, affected, but acting like it is the end of the world it's just... stupid. Sometimes I think the vast majority on the internet are under 20 years old. Bunch of silly kids with silly reactions :lol:

JohnConstantine wrote:muahahahahaha :twisted: I was waiting for these reactions :twisted:

On a side note, how stupid to see people on the net saying "GoT worst show ever", "GoT lost a viewer tonight" etc. I mean, bunch of kids, because only stupid kids can say that. Acting like pussies and such. I mean, ok you were shocked, affected, but acting like it is the end of the world it's just... stupid. Sometimes I think the vast majority on the internet are under 20 years old. Bunch of silly kids with silly reactions :lol:
I don't know, some people just want to root for someone in the show. When you watch a film or a show, or read a book - you kind of build a bond with some characters, you like them and root for them. And to see them die and simply let go sometimes might not be very easy for some fans who are really invested in a particular show.

But yeah. Those kind of words sound really childish.

Shocking episode indeed, I didnt read the books but felt ever since the wedding started that there was a weird vibe going on,
the idea that Frey would be so forgiving, forget that Robb broke his promise, just seemed odd. Poor Cat and Robb, and Talisa
I remember thinking back in season 1 when they killed Ned "That's it, I'm done with this show", but yeah, as with many people saying that, I always come back. However here,
whacking 2 main characters all of a sudden
, it's annoying, I just hope it's not done for show (which I'm thinking of course not), and that there will be
vengeance

"A Dothraki wedding without 3 killings is considered a dull affair."

"Pfffft amateurs" - Walder Frey

UltraDangerLord wrote:
"A Dothraki wedding without 3 killings is considered a dull affair."

"Pfffft amateurs" - Walder Frey
:lol:

Jax, you should be accustomed by now with the world of GRRM

Watching the episode with friends when you know what's gonna happen

:lol:

ps: anyone knows how to post here the image of a tweet? must I print screen it or it's an easier way?