HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Posts: 54100
Joined: May 2010
The Game of Thrones Finale Script is Out (For Emmy Consideration) And Opinions Have Somehow Even Lowered - from reddit, the excerpts are out and they are hilarious:

Image

This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill, but an actual piece of the script!

Image

Yara didn’t respond... because she was too scared of Arya?!
http://m.imgur.com/JaWMyBD?r

Also, Drogon accidentally burned the throne. Apparently he was ‘clumsy’.

What a joke.


Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/
The script: https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files ... one%20.pdf
Image
Last edited by m4st4 on August 1st, 2019, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 18542
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
the drogon stuff is bullshit, but everyone freaking out about clearly an in-joke for the cast and crew reading the script is a bit much.


-Vader

Posts: 54100
Joined: May 2010
Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:40 am
the drogon stuff is bullshit, but everyone freaking out about clearly an in-joke for the cast and crew reading the script is a bit much.


-Vader
Because said script will never be presented to the public and nominated for the best scriptwriting of the year?

Posts: 18542
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
it's just a joke and not some artistic flourish, I really don't get the big deal lol


-Vader

Posts: 54100
Joined: May 2010
Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:44 am
it's just a joke and not some artistic flourish, I really don't get the big deal lol


-Vader
That’s cool. For a shooting script.

But have some class if you’re going to present this as a prime example of scriptwriting for the entire year. Or don’t nominate it, save some face in front of actual artistic accomplishments in scriptwriting this year.

Posts: 18542
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
they just got the record for most nominations ever and the show broke insane viewership records and they're about to work on the biggest film franchise in the world that isn't the MCU

i uh, don't think they're worried about "saving face"


-Vader

Posts: 41943
Joined: May 2010
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:46 am
Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:44 am
it's just a joke and not some artistic flourish, I really don't get the big deal lol


-Vader
That’s cool. For a shooting script.

But have some class if you’re going to present this as a prime example of scriptwriting for the entire year. Or don’t nominate it, save some face in front of actual artistic accomplishments in scriptwriting this year.
You haven’t even watched the show lol.
Last edited by Allstar on August 1st, 2019, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 54100
Joined: May 2010
Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:50 am
they just got the record for most nominations ever and the show broke insane viewership records and they're about to work on the biggest film franchise in the world that isn't the MCU

i uh, don't think they're worried about "saving face"


-Vader
Heh. Kings of the world, right? ;)

Funny, how they dropped that SDCC panel exactly one day before it was announced it will be the final GOT panel, leaving the entire cast to deal with one of the most awkward ‘please guys, don’t be rude mkay’ outings in a good while. They weren’t trying to save face there, just two guys being too cool for school amirite?

Look, they’re clearly not worried about anything at this point, that much is clear. But take a good script in your hand, get a good look at how words are supposed to be thrown together, and tell me this is right there for the big prize. Hell, it’s not even a high school level, they literally address Dany with ‘her satanic majesty’. GRRM this is not.

But defend away. In some other case, this would be a solid ammunition against the guys.

Posts: 4002
Joined: January 2012
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:59 am
Funny, how they dropped that SDCC panel exactly one day before it was announced it will be the final GOT panel, leaving the entire cast to deal with one of the most awkward ‘please guys, don’t be rude mkay’ outings in a good while. They weren’t trying to save face there, just two guys being too cool for school amirite?
Funny how you just ignored the online threats of harassment and violence directed against these two. Calling these people cowards for not giving you an explanation you feel the audience somehow deserves just overall contributes to a toxic fandom. Two actors, Ian Glenn and Nathalie Emmanuel, also dropped out of SDCC. Care to tell us why they did that, since you can read minds?

Also, just so you know, putting jokes in scripts is common practice in screenwriting because screenplays are not intended to be read like novels because the people reading them are supposed to be the actors and executives, which means that jokes get included to make them entertaining for the people reading them.

Posts: 54100
Joined: May 2010
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 5:23 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:59 am
Funny, how they dropped that SDCC panel exactly one day before it was announced it will be the final GOT panel, leaving the entire cast to deal with one of the most awkward ‘please guys, don’t be rude mkay’ outings in a good while. They weren’t trying to save face there, just two guys being too cool for school amirite?
Funny how you just ignored the online threats of harassment and violence directed against these two. Calling these people cowards for not giving you an explanation you feel the audience somehow deserves just overall contributes to a toxic fandom. Two actors, Ian Glenn and Nathalie Emmanuel, also dropped out of SDCC. Care to tell us why they did that, since you can read minds?

Also, just so you know, putting jokes in scripts is common practice in screenwriting because screenplays are not intended to be read like novels because the people reading them are supposed to be the actors and executives, which means that jokes get included to make them entertaining for the people reading them.
I do not read minds, why would you say so. Is it because of my Esad Ribic’s Doom avy? Also, who is ‘us’?

The second paragraph is just ‘my daddy will beat your daddy, cuz he’s stronger, just so you know’... basically waste of time and space.

Post Reply