Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I didn't have a problem with the twist. It was part of the course for the character and I actually enjoyed that part of the episode.

However, I did have a problem with the structure of the episode:
I think the screen-time proportions of the battle for KL and the destruction of KL should have been shifted. The conquest was too easy and it makes the last two seasons completely pointless in the battle for the throne aspect. She could have done the same thing in Episode 1 of Season 7, wait for the bells, she still has three dragons, she's still relatively sane, and she still has all of her supporters.

And I understand the whole how easy it was, was part of the frustration she felt that turned her mad but c'mon. The battle could have been staged better than just having a Deus Ex Dragon. Plus it would maybe give Cersei some things to do as opposed to being wasted for an entire season.

The destruction on the other hand went on for far too long. Arya was getting herself into the same amount of trouble for what felt like 30 minutes. The Cleganebowl was boring because of how telegraphed the ending to the fight was. I loved what they did with Cersei and Jaime's final moments but that's about it.
Still all the pieces are now in the right place for a chance for an awesome final episode. They might still deliver and stick the landing if the finale is really good.

LelekPL wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 3:22 am
I didn't have a problem with the twist. It was part of the course for the character and I actually enjoyed that part of the episode.

However, I did have a problem with the structure of the episode:
I think the screen-time proportions of the battle for KL and the destruction of KL should have been shifted. The conquest was too easy and it makes the last two seasons completely pointless in the battle for the throne aspect. She could have done the same thing in Episode 1 of Season 7, wait for the bells, she still has three dragons, she's still relatively sane, and she still has all of her supporters.

And I understand the whole how easy it was, was part of the frustration she felt that turned her mad but c'mon. The battle could have been staged better than just having a Deus Ex Dragon. Plus it would maybe give Cersei some things to do as opposed to being wasted for an entire season.

The destruction on the other hand went on for far too long. Arya was getting herself into the same amount of trouble for what felt like 30 minutes. The Cleganebowl was boring because of how telegraphed the ending to the fight was. I loved what they did with Cersei and Jaime's final moments but that's about it.
Still all the pieces are now in the right place for a chance for an awesome final episode. They might still deliver and stick the landing if the finale is really good.
Yeah, I thought the same thing about the balance of the battle, hence why I suggested that Yara couldve been the key to unlock the door to KL for Danny, instead of Danny just kicking it down. On top of doing something with her arc you would then also add complexity to the whole "what does revenge (hers towards Euron in this case) achieve" thing that this episode is so much about

I'm pretty sure there's a reason the taking of King's Landing went relatively easy. That weighed in for Daenerys like: that's all it took? All the losses she could've spared if she just went full Targaryen and attacked the capitol the moment she landed on Dragonstone. Alas, that's not the route that was taken.

I don't get people's issue with CleganeBowl.
Did people actually expect The Hound to survive the fight and go on living? There was nothing left for his character to accomplish. Also, the staging of it as the building was crumbling around them was cool with some great cinematography.

radewart wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 9:36 pm
No, I get why people are mad, but I personally don't agree with that reasoning in assigning a rating to the episode, making it viewed as the worst in the serious run. I don't like numerical scores or stars, but it should be like in the 7.5 range.
I'm glad we finally got a true objective point of view on this. Guess I was just wrong in disliking the episode.

It's so weird to realise that in mere days this thing is going to be wrapped up. Like, finished for real.

I started watching this once season 2 aired, we got in my country then and I quickly caught up with season 1. Started reading the books after season 2 ended.

I read a very nice theory on reddit (again) that
The Three Eyed Raven wants the throne and all those visions and prophecies has been his doing. Petyr trained Sansa to protect the North and the Faceless Arya to protect the Three Eyed Raven. It's quite a nice theory, a very long read but still. Honestly no idea how it's going to end but it did explain why the story began where it did and characters' motivations and such

Nomis wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 6:28 am
It's so weird to realise that in mere days this thing is going to be wrapped up. Like, finished for real.

I started watching this once season 2 aired, we got in my country then and I quickly caught up with season 1. Started reading the books after season 2 ended.

I read a very nice theory on reddit (again) that
The Three Eyed Raven wants the throne and all those visions and prophecies has been his doing. Petyr trained Sansa to protect the North and the Faceless Arya to protect the Three Eyed Raven. It's quite a nice theory, a very long read but still. Honestly no idea how it's going to end but it did explain why the story began where it did and characters' motivations and such
God I hope that's true. I take anything over this predictable ending any day of the week.£

^literally everyone who has a theory lol