Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This all begs the question if D&D were in a rush to finish the series for some reason.

Ending is rushed as hell in the show but GRRM is fucked too

They will have made 23 episodes of original material. That's basically two full books just with this crazy pacing. Without crazy teleportation and with all the book-only characters and stories, thinking about it, Martin would need four other books to end this. Probably explains why he's struggling so much with TWOW
This all begs the question if D&D were in a rush to finish the series for some reason.
Lol Star Wars and KK just needed more backlash

FWIW, GRRM did say things were going well lately and he still only plans on 2 more books. Obviously hopefully he can eventually pull it off.

Allstar wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 8:50 pm
So what’s the consensus on what will happen to Dany next ep/what she will do? Is she inevitably doomed?
my theory
Dany will become mad and burn King's Landing with Drogon. Euron will be burned by the dragon and killed off by Jaime. Tyrion gives up being Hand of the Queen and is later executed. Jaime kills Cersei and both die together. At the end, Jon kills Dany by stabbing her and the Iron Throne is melted by Drogon.
Last edited by Dobson on May 6th, 2019, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 9:01 pm
I mentioned this in my previous post. They’ve both stated publicly that while they love this story dearly, they are more than ready to be done with it. And I do think, even if only subconsciously, that has affected the production in a negative fashion here at the end.

I actually enjoyed last night's episode more than The Battle of Winterfell mainly because there was so much tension from the characters in it but after reading what everyone else thought on here and everywhere else I've read I am having second thoughts. I don't know if a regular 10 episode season would have worked better or made it worse by dragging out unnecessary storylines but they are really taking leaps with a lot of the characters this season.

ChristNolan wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 9:52 pm
Allstar wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 9:01 pm
I mentioned this in my previous post. They’ve both stated publicly that while they love this story dearly, they are more than ready to be done with it. And I do think, even if only subconsciously, that has affected the production in a negative fashion here at the end.
I think you’re right. After all, they signed on to adapt A Song Of Ice and Fire, not wing a hyper-complicated resolution to the series GRRM has struggled to finish for ten years.

-Vader

From a youtube comment on the Jaime and Brienne scene-
So, the whole scene is a big misdirection. He's pushing Brienne away because he's terrified of losing her, and he's scared that if he tells her what he's actually planning on doing (killing Cersei), she'll follow him, and that would be really dangerous for her.
He doesn't think he's worth Brienne's love. She does see the good in him, she has for a long time, and he doesn't. He had a chance of happiness if he stayed with her, but still, he was uneasy. He knew that he could help end this shitshow, so he leaves to go the Honorable Thing™, although he doesn't see himself as honorable.
He does think that HE is not worth saving, he despises all he's done in the name of a toxic love that he does not longer want.
The only thing that he considers was a good action was killing the Mad King, he saved millions in the process. So what is he doing? After finding out how Cersei has the advantage, he thinks the only way of stopping her winning the game is killing her. Doing a "dishonorable thing" for the right reasons.
So he first ensures the woman he loves, Brienne of Tarth, will not follow him, therefore putting her away from danger, and then he leaves, to try and do something to stop the bloodshed.
The things we do for love, indeed.
Please god let this be true. I will owe D&D an apology if so. I am not getting my hopes though.

I thought that was fairly obvious.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 10:08 pm
I thought that was fairly obvious.
With the way they handled Jaime’s character in the past I did not think so at all. Also, what they said on inside the ep.