Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Great trailer, can't wait for this

Something tells me Cersei's not just gonna sit around the entire season waiting for the battle to come to her, even though that's what she told Jamie she'd do.
She's going to march North. The only question is... to help them, or kill them?

I loved the trailer. All powerful imagery, mood, and teases of things to come. IE, exactly what trailers should do.

-Vader

The trailer gives off a feeling of impending doom, which, given that Martin promised us a bittersweet ending, might not happen in quite such nihilistic fashion on the show but I am sure of one thing: I'm going to miss this show, the world it portrayed and the many wonderful characters it gave us.

Batfan175 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 4:09 pm
The trailer gives off a feeling of impending doom, which, given that Martin promised us a bittersweet ending, might not happen in quite such nihilistic fashion on the show but I am sure of one thing: I'm going to miss this show, the world it portrayed and the many wonderful characters it gave us.
Isn't the whole point the book ending and show ending will be the closest adaptation since Seasons 3 and 4ish?

-Vader

okay, I caved and watched this despite only being partway through S2 in my marathon.

CHILLS. LITERAL CHILLS. Brilliant trailer.

Vader182 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 4:15 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
Isn't the whole point the book ending and show ending will be the closest adaptation since Seasons 3 and 4ish?

-Vader
The fates of the major characters (dead/alive) are going to be the same. The circumstances are likely going to differ quite a lot. But to me a successful adaptation is not one that copy-pastes the plot (the most boring aspect of any story to be quite frank). A successful adaptation gets the themes right and in this case the emphasis on humanity and life as opposed to power and death always rang very true to me.

Vader182 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 4:15 pm
Batfan175 wrote:

-Vader
I have no idea how this is remotely possible except for the fates of some characters, the very ending and one last major twist GRRM told D&D in 2013 (first two being Shireen/Hodor)

Trailer was a perfect tease, didn't show us nothing spoiler-esque (it's likely footage from episodes 1-2) and had great mood. Can't wait

antovolk wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 4:31 pm
okay, I caved and watched this despite only being partway through S2 in my marathon.

unless you're already spoiled what the actual fuck

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 5:20 pm
antovolk wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 4:31 pm

unless you're already spoiled what the actual fuck

-Vader
I mean, one of my best irl friends was obsessed with the books and one couldn’t avoid social media when Joffrey bit it, the White Walker king showed up, the Red Wedding and Jonerys happened...all the trailer did for me story spoiler wise is at most said oh these characters remain alive. Don’t know the context for most of this stuff and how it all led to this.

Now if the trailer had the GoT equivalent of ‘Thanos wiped out 50% of all life’ from the Endgame teaser then...yeah