Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 7:25 pm
Jon and Daenerys basically are the lead roles of the show. No way that either one of them dies before the final episode, if at all. If one of them dies I think it's more likely to be Jon.

There's only so many ways the story can go in the final six episodes but I do think that if any major character dies relatively early on (within the first three episodes if not two) then that leaves a lot more space for the others in the remaining episodes. Which in turn makes the story even more interesting because there'd be more room for characters to make different decisions or things to go awry. Probably because there could be some serious betrayal on the way which given how this show has been, is definitely the most likely way to stir some serious shit up.

And I also think that the Night King and his icy bitches will kill some major characters on the way South. They have to, otherwise the most deaths and the most influences on major characters the White Walkers will have had will be fewer than them actually entering Westeros and bringing death wherever they go lol

I just hope the first episode of season 8 won't be like the first of season 6 and 7 where it basically just was showing where everyone is before truly getting things going in the episode after that.
There’s no way both Jon and Danaerys make it out alive. One of them, absolutely, but it’s not going to be a happy ending for that couple.

A huge betrayal is bound to happen in the first 3 or 4 episodes no doubt. Sansa is full of jealousy in her tone, in that clip with Dany. I can’t figure out if Tyrion will betray Dany or if he’s simply worried, but Sansa isn’t going to settle in her current role that’s for sure. The Night King and his army need to do more damage, yes. More than creating an ice dragon. But the most interesting aspect of this season has to do with the human characters and which of them are thinking of their own selfish needs. This is Game of fucking Thrones, characters are still playing each other and that throne is everything. It’s not like Cersei dies and everyone will stop manipulating each other.

Nomis wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 6:41 pm
New posters for all the remaining major characters here

I like how Jons is basically identical of Neds poster of him sitting on the Iron Throne. Oh and check out Cersei's new costume, I fucking love it.
Cersei looks like Joffrey in that poster and I don't think that's a coincidence at all lol.

Seriously tho I feel like Dany may die first so that it can be revealed that Jon can control the dragons

Cilogy wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 2:46 am
Seriously tho I feel like Dany may die first so that it can be revealed that Jon can control the dragons
why would she have to die to show that

-Vader

Jon kills Danny to fulfill the prophecy and defeat the white-walkers or he makes a deal with the Night King. Bran takes control of the Mad King to reveal he made him mad. Jaime kills Cersei, she kills him. Clegane-bowl finally happens. The throne is destroyed and the different lands are independent. Sansa becomes the Queen in the North.

Yeah Jamie killing Cercei is the most obvious one tbh.

Either Jaime or Arya should be the one ending up killing Cersei, probably at a high cost but still.

It would be pretty ridiculous to kill either Jon or Daenerys off before the last episode. The Night King is ice, Daenerys fire and Jon ice and fire. Melisandre called Jon and Daenerys ice and fire so there's that.

I think characters like Jaime, Brienne, Sansa, Varys, Arya, Cersei, Jorah, Bran and Tyrion have the best positions to mess up the status quo now.

Nomis wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 7:57 am
Either Jaime or Arya should be the one ending up killing Cersei, probably at a high cost but still.
Why not both, I mean, I think Jaime somehow helping/letting Arya kill Cersei will have more or less the same impact if it's a conscious enough decision. Then Arya will have her moment and everyone'll go over to Liz's place, have a cup of tea and wait for all this to blow over.

Vader182 wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 3:01 am
Cilogy wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 2:46 am
why would she have to die to show that

-Vader
just dramatic tension

like, she's about to attack with the dragons, but she gets killed and the viewer feels absolutely hopeless and then suddenly Jon's like "lol look what I can do"

Maybe once Arya has gotten all the names off her list the Faceless Men appear and kill her because they allowed her to leave to get her revenge and so she has been living on borrowed time?