Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 9:48 am
Eh, it doesn't look like an actual scene of the season though. But a nice teaser nonetheless.
It's not a scene. Why would they show us a scene from the show this early? In fact, I might have been fine with no trailer at all.

Just started my first rewatch. Watching the pilot is such a bittersweet experience after all these years for obvious reasons. It is pretty much a masterpiece of adaptation and setting up an incredible world, yet keeping it relatable and accessible.

It's been a while since I've read the books, but it's pretty incredible how 90% of the first couple of episodes (and most of S1) is verbatim from the novel. D&D went from straight adaptation (S1) to kinda-straight adaptation (S2-S3-S4) to vague adaptation (S5) to completely original material (S6-S7-S8). What a crazy journey this must have been for them.

Oh and Kit Harington is terrible in the first two episodes. It's incredible how he grew as an actor during this show.

lol is he really? It's been a while since I've done a rewatch

Besides, I heard someone say that everyone Robert touches during meeting the Starks in Winterfell, every one of them dies... At least so far lol

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 7:59 am
Just started my first rewatch. Watching the pilot is such a bittersweet experience after all these years for obvious reasons. It is pretty much a masterpiece of adaptation and setting up an incredible world, yet keeping it relatable and accessible.

It's been a while since I've read the books, but it's pretty incredible how 90% of the first couple of episodes (and most of S1) is verbatim from the novel. D&D went from straight adaptation (S1) to kinda-straight adaptation (S2-S3-S4) to vague adaptation (S5) to completely original material (S6-S7-S8). What a crazy journey this must have been for them.

Oh and Kit Harington is terrible in the first two episodes. It's incredible how he grew as an actor during this show.
Nice, yeah I remember reading the first book and was so pleased how close it was to the show, they did make some significant character changes with Catelyn though. To say completely original material for 6-8 is somewhat dishonest though... riverun, kingsmoot, tower of joy etc. etc. plus they def got other nuggets from GRRM, that said I get your overall point.

To me they look the same as usual, but this one is weird. She kind of looks thin? Maybe it's the angle...

Did they got Brake back for the Night King or are my eyes deceiving me?

Empire special cover, spoiler for season 7 lol:

Forget GoT. Empire is doing something on Nolan in April... maybe some announcements for his next film are incoming! :D :gonf:

"DC's first comedy"?

Was Justice League not uproarious for you, Empire?

Not enough kneeslappers, huh?

I'll have you know Ben Affleck's lawyer worked very hard to resolve his client's marital issues so he could be in that movie to make alimony payments and pay for for all his smoke breaks

wow fuck you Empire, inconsiderate pricks