Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
I like her black/gray costume that she was wearing episodes 1(?)-5 more, and her acting was flat in all the episodes except for the ones directed by Mr. Shakman.

lol the night king is totally got's darth maul; mainly for the fact that he is also a non-character.

What's her white costume made of anyway? I hope she wears it again, it's quite dashing.

Sansa sort of sucks at the game of faces or she'd know that Arya does not have an interest in wearing 'the pretty dresses' or in being a lady. I think Arya is angry at her sister but only because the letter confirmed to her what she thought Sansa was like back then and that was the last time she saw Sansa before they reunited. Yes, she's scaring her with the faces but she's also giving her back the dagger and, from what we know she has not shared the content of the letter with anyone else. I quite like the fact that the scene in Arya's room is framed like someone discovering that their sibling is a serial murderer, which Arya objectively is at this point, since she murdered about 100 people. It is also the right way to frame it because, while it's fun to cheer Arya getting revenge on people we think are bad, it's not fun when she threatens a character we think has suffered a lot and who we empathise with.

Batfan175 wrote:Sansa sort of sucks at the game of faces or she'd know that Arya does not have an interest in wearing 'the pretty dresses' or in being a lady. I think Arya is angry at her sister but only because the letter confirmed to her what she thought Sansa was like back then and that was the last time she saw Sansa before they reunited. Yes, she's scaring her with the faces but she's also giving her back the dagger and, from what we know she has not shared the content of the letter with anyone else. I quite like the fact that the scene in Arya's room is framed like someone discovering that their sibling is a serial murderer, which Arya objectively is at this point, since she murdered about 100 people. It is also the right way to frame it because, while it's fun to cheer Arya getting revenge on people we think are bad, it's not fun when she threatens a character we think has suffered a lot and who we empathise with.
Thoughts on the stupid logistics with travel on last nights ep?

They time stuff bother me when I watched the leak, but it's not as bad with a second watch. We really don't know how much time was spent by the group walking past East Watch gate, it could of only been like half a day's march. So with Gentry running hard, he could make it back in a couple of hours. Also, we don't know how long they were on that island waiting for Dany. Maybe it was close to two days? It could of certainly of been handled better ,but to me It is only a minor annoyance. I think people are getting too worked up over it, especially on twitter.

I also take umbrage with people saying the plot to capture a wright overall is dumb. How else was Jon suppose to convince people of the severity of the threat with the White Walkers? The show has laid the groundwork from season 1 that no one in Westeros believes in the threat. It is just legend and folklore to them. Jon knows he needs Cersie's army and resources to have a much, much better shot at winning the battle. So he has to try to convince her somehow. But it isn't just Cerise. Dany really didn't believe or understood the magnitude of the threat, until this episode when she finally sees for herself. The same can be said with the Northern lords pledged to Jon, including Sansa. They don't seem overly concerned with the threat compare to preparing for surviving the Winter or fighting the Lannisters. Seeing is believing .

What I do have a problem with is why the hell the Night King did't throw the ice spear at Drogon!! He was on the ground and much closer to him. Also, killing Drogon would not allow Dany, Jon, and the rest to escape. His wrights would of overran them. Also, the whole sequence was dumb. Drogon gets hit in the same area two episodes ago and he is fine the next episode. Other dragon get hit by same type of weapon and spills all his blood and is dead.

Besides that it was a pretty good episodes with a few more minor flaws then usually, but still has great action scenes. The character moments in the beginning of the episode were real strong, too. People on the internet are being a little too hard on it. Game of Thrones has just become too popular and people are looking to criticize and take it down. It is held to impossible standards for some in the critical community, kinda like a Nolan film has been recently for certain critics.

The show should be held to a high standard though. It's a testament to its quality when it's firing on all cylinders.

Allstar wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:Sansa sort of sucks at the game of faces or she'd know that Arya does not have an interest in wearing 'the pretty dresses' or in being a lady. I think Arya is angry at her sister but only because the letter confirmed to her what she thought Sansa was like back then and that was the last time she saw Sansa before they reunited. Yes, she's scaring her with the faces but she's also giving her back the dagger and, from what we know she has not shared the content of the letter with anyone else. I quite like the fact that the scene in Arya's room is framed like someone discovering that their sibling is a serial murderer, which Arya objectively is at this point, since she murdered about 100 people. It is also the right way to frame it because, while it's fun to cheer Arya getting revenge on people we think are bad, it's not fun when she threatens a character we think has suffered a lot and who we empathise with.
Thoughts on the stupid logistics with travel on last nights ep?
How about "the travel logistics don't matter to me and haven't mattered to me since episode 1 season 1 when Cersei made it from King's Landing to Winterfell in a matter of minutes"?

shit he has a point

Batfan175 wrote:How about "the travel logistics don't matter to me and haven't mattered to me since episode 1 season 1 when Cersei made it from King's Landing to Winterfell in a matter of minutes"?
There was an obvious passage of time there, you can't compare what happened last night to any other moment but I'm not surprised you fail to understand this. Gendry sends a raven to dragonstone that night and Dany arrives the next day. That's just sloppy plotting honestly.