Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

A fantastic video breaking down the battle scene from the most recent episode.

It's fucking incredible that a show of such epic scale exists on TV.

Spoils of War got me all nostalgic, so I decided to go back and watch some of the big battle scenes of the show, and I had a thought while watching Hardhome. I thought, "How the flying fuck are they going to beat the White Walkers? I mean, they can resurrect the dead instantaneously".

Also, with as slow as the White Walkers are marching south, it could take them a decade to get to King's Landing.

Double also, just before the battle at Hardhome, there's a scene where Sam tells Ollie, "I wouldn't worry about Jon Snow, he always comes back." And then Ollie gets a strange look on his face. Great piece of foreshadowing there by Benioff & Weiss.

Anyway, that's it for my late night, sleep-deprived rambling.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Spoils of War got me all nostalgic, so I decided to go back and watch some of the big battle scenes of the show, and I had a thought while watching Hardhome. I thought, "How the flying fuck are they going to beat the White Walkers? I mean, they can resurrect the dead instantaneously".

Also, with as slow as the White Walkers are marching south, it could take them a decade to get to King's Landing.

Double also, just before the battle at Hardhome, there's a scene where Sam tells Ollie, "I wouldn't worry about Jon Snow, he always comes back." And then Ollie gets a strange look on his face. Great piece of foreshadowing there by Benioff & Weiss.

This got me thinking that we only have 3 episodes left this season and the final battle will probably be that with Jon Snow and the Wildlings fighting in the snow, which means..
will we see dragons fighting the White Walkers?

Ivan wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Spoils of War got me all nostalgic, so I decided to go back and watch some of the big battle scenes of the show, and I had a thought while watching Hardhome. I thought, "How the flying fuck are they going to beat the White Walkers? I mean, they can resurrect the dead instantaneously".

This got me thinking that we only have 3 episodes left this season and the final battle will probably be that with Jon Snow and the Wildlings fighting in the snow, which means..
will we see dragons fighting the White Walkers?
Too late.

Btw That was the most rushed, random episode ever wtf

Is hating on Game of Thrones the cool new thing for intellectuals do on the internet now?

Some of you guys seem incapable of enjoying anything.

I loved the episode.

-Vader

Legit one of my favorite written episodes of the series.

Yeah, this episode was packed to the brim. Nothing epic like Spoils of War, but there's a feeling that every scene sets up some monumental far-reaching consequences that we can't even think of.

Oh, and that had to be the most badass gathering of badasses that has ever been assembled in tv history at the end.

ChristNolan wrote:Legit one of my favorite written episodes of the series.
Lots of great moments. Dave Hill is a boss.