Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:Great episode.

But how many endings with Dany staring like that and her dragons flying around are we going to get? You know you're a bad actress when even a stare isn't convincing lol.

This must be like the 14th or some shit. It's getting really predictable.

Aside from that, great start.
Coming from someone who is quite critical of how they portray Dany with acting and overuse of ending "epic" moments, her arriving in Westeros was completely earned for the end scene. That being said, I can understand the fatigue and not appreciating this moment because they have overdone it in this past so now it can feel a bit frivolous even when it's actually earned.

Pretty funny the first 3 episodes are named after her lol.

Ruth wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:so where can I watch this if I don't have HBO?
You wouldn't steal a purse.
But I would totally download a car.
Wow, I totally forgot about that one :lol:

Decent episode.

The Hound scene was the best, IMO.

Also, Pilou Asbæk is such a delight.

I guess it was a good episode in how it handled all the different locations/characters. It felt more like a slow-burn set up for the rest of the season. Perhaps that's a good thing. We know where everyone stands, we know what they all want; now they can begin.
North scenes were the best along with Daenerys coming home.

The rest was a little but underwhelming.
From the moment you see Walder you know it's Arya and from the moment you see al his male heirs you know they're all going to die. Right now it feels less impactful than Arya killing Walder last season and I'm starting to feel less for Arya in general.
On the other hand, there was some progress and it does feel even all throughout. However, biggest con was Sheeran. I mean why the fuck is he in it in the first place and secondly; he also sings. Sigh.

Production design was neat, cinematograpy as well, VFX were on point and those costumes are gorgeous.

Nomis wrote:
From the moment you see Walder you know it's Arya and from the moment you see al his male heirs you know they're all going to die.
Watching youtube reactions you'd be surprised how many people were shocked at that. And they are GoT "fans".

I mean they have seen Walder's death given that they fucking reacted to it and it was also shown in the preview before the episode started. Which makes me really question the intelligence of human beings in general lmao. Then again one of my ex-girlfriends forgot that Oberyn was killed so there's that. I mean when you forget basic moments from a show you say you love then there's no hope left lol.

lol wtf

RIFA wrote:
Nomis wrote:
From the moment you see Walder you know it's Arya and from the moment you see al his male heirs you know they're all going to die.
Watching youtube reactions you'd be surprised how many people were shocked at that. And they are GoT "fans".

I mean they have seen Walder's death given that they fucking reacted to it and it was also shown in the preview before the episode started. Which makes me really question the intelligence of human beings in general lmao. Then again one of my ex-girlfriends forgot that Oberyn was killed so there's that. I mean when you forget basic moments from a show you say you love then there's no hope left lol.
Ehhh, I didn't quite know what was going to happen in that scene until "Walder" didn't drink along with the rest of them. I thought it was flashback at first given that (I think) you see the same serving girl Arya posed as last season walking around.

RIFA wrote:
Nomis wrote:

Yup. I'm a pretty casual GoT fan and even I saw that coming once they started pouring the wine.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Ehhh, I didn't quite know what was going to happen in that scene until "Walder" didn't drink along with the rest of them. I thought it was flashback at first given that (I think) you see the same serving girl Arya posed as last season walking around.
Well yeah. So you weren't shocked at the end of the scene. Watch some youtube reactions. It's priceless. Pure comedy. At the end they're like "WOAAAHHH" while your reaction is just...

:lol: