Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Boxer35 wrote:There is zero chance we don't get some kind of spinoff after GoT is done.
I'd bet good money that HBO would love to do Robert's Rebellion.

Panapaok wrote:
Boxer35 wrote:There is zero chance we don't get some kind of spinoff after GoT is done.
I'd bet good money that HBO would love to do Robert's Rebellion.
And I hope they don't stop there. Treat the property like an anthology. Do a 10 episode miniseries every other year about some major event in Westerosi history. Bring in a different A level creator each time and let them make their mark on the universe.

I say Tales of Dunk and Egg is plausible.

In 15 years or so, when ASoIaF and Dunk & Egg are finished, someone will do a reboot.

MyCocaine wrote:Regarding Qyburn. He didn't seem to take any enjoyment in the killing of Pycelle.

He just did what was required. No wicked sadistic subplot behind it. Purely business.

He's quite an interesting character. Also, Pycelle being stabbed to death was very satisfactory.
Indeed. Qyburn is quite awesome and I'm so glad Alls- I mean Pycelle is finally gone, such satisfaction.

Really love Light of the Seven, beautiful piece of music.

I have a bad feeling about Qyburn both in the books and the show. I think he only allows Cersei to use the FrankenMountain for as long as it's in his own interest. He's the only one who knows what the actual deal is with UnGregor so that gives him a lot of power even over the people who use his creation because they rely on the guarantee that Ser Robert Strong will not turn on them. Qyburn is described as someone who looks like "some little girl's favourite grandfather", which is meant to evoke trustworthiness and stands in stark contrast to the horrible things he seems to be doing to people in his laboratory. Also, Qyburn on the show went from disgraced not-maester to Hand of the Queen. That's a big social climb. In the books I don't even know what happens to the women that Cersei sends to him and she really doesn't think about it because she does not know and does not care to know and so we don't know either but one thing is certain: they don't show up again...

Season 6 - Behind The Scenes: (5 part series -each deals with 2 episodes)

HBO officially released this lineage/connections graph to confirm Rhaegar is the baby daddy.
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/prod ... nfographic

Whoever made it kinda sucks at graphs :lol: Shit is a jumbled mess of lines

Also, this dispels the whole "we dun know who the father is, who could it be hmm" shlock that the cast is still insistent on spouting in interviews. Guess HBO had enough of that.

lol @ D&D botching the reveal that HBO had to release a graph to confirm it.