Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:What a stinker. I think this was the worst episode of the show.
-Fuck you with those ''funny'' Tyrion and Missandei scenes in Meereen and that Dany arrival felt so...off
-Riverrun had the best moment of the episode (awesome Edmure/Jaime scene) but they kill the Blackfish...offscreen wtf??
-Same with the Waif...really?
-I have no idea what they're doing with The Hound storyline. It's not really compelling so far
-The 'I Choose Violence' scene was also clunky and off.
This was the last episode for all the storylines before the finale, I'm a bit worried :?
:clap:

At least we will get a cool battle episode. Let's face it, these guys are better with George's books than on their own.
I don't know. It's really an uneven season and the pacing is fucking weird. 602 to 605 were incredible and had some of the best stuff in the history of the show but the second half is full of filler and nonsense so far

Allstar wrote:Dany showing up like that was so great guys. ZOMG mother of dragons FTW!

Just insanely epic. I cried, should have been the last scene of the episode.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Episode 9 looks awesome af though.

Williams on last episode:
People are going to watch and be like, “Don’t put your blood on the wall. Have you learned nothing Arya? I hate you.” And then they’re going to be like, “Oh, she’s a smart girl.” There was this constant spectrum [of conversation with director Mylod] during the chase of about how petrified she needs to look, but also how safe she is. Arya’s been very lucky with the people she’s encountered so far. The whole time she was with The Hound she took a back seat because he was really good. So I wanted her to look like she was struggling. I didn’t want [the chase stunts] to be unnecessary or superhuman. I got on set and they were [going to have Arya] rolling around, and diving, and I was like, “That looks amazing, but no.” I’d be like, “Why would she run over there? She’d just duck under here and just get out.” It doesn’t look quite as cinematic, maybe, but they’ll have to find something else if they want cinematic. And I felt awful because the job of the stunt guys is to make everything look as crazy and cool as possible. But I know Arya now. In the beginning it was a lot of guesswork and now I’ve figured her out. You want to be happy with the work you’ve done.
Amazing that Williams gets it and the showrunners/directors do not.

-Vader

kanjisheik wrote:
Hyped :clap:

Now, don't butcher a great battle by intercutting another Daenerys moment.

MyCocaine wrote:
kanjisheik wrote:
Hyped :clap:

Now, don't butcher a great battle by intercutting another Daenerys moment.
lmao

Also, lol at those Willuams quotes, her running around after getting shanked like that let alone surviving was silly.

On another note Tyrion missed an unprecedented two eps in a row and THAT is the major scene they give him. They have no idea what to do with the character anymore. One great scene this season, that's it.

Allstar wrote:On another note Tyrion missed an unprecedented two eps in a row and THAT is the major scene they give him. They have no idea what to do with the character anymore. One great scene this season, that's it.
Yeah, him and Jaime are becoming constantly less interesting.

That fucking wave though :facepalm:

Eric Goldman @TheEricGoldman
Hah, HBO’s press release for the final two #GameofThrones episodes of Season 6 skips the cryptic plot descriptions for NO plot descriptions!

Yeah they've effectively made the best character in the show the most boring one on screen.

Also, the Sandor and Arya scenes made me cheer.

Theory time:
Cersei's gonna literally burn King's Landing to the ground.

I still think Jon/Sansa will be defeated and brutally murdered. Probably the best thing the Starks do is die lol.

Jon just died. He ain't going anywhere.