Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Seasons 3 and 4 are definitely the best seasons of the show, closely followed by season 1 imo. Seasons 2 and 5 are more or less of equal quality for me: some great and some poor elements but overall I enjoy most of it.

Season 6 looks very promising so far and maybe it has to do with the fact that the show is less tied to the source material, which means the show does not have to bend backwards as much in order to have certain book plot developments happen on-screen.

Panapaok wrote:
Epic trailer is epic. Just 12 days left for the season to begin!

Oh I thought from the third episode.
Good then, I hope they don't stretch Daenerys' story in Vaes Dothrak for too long. Would be nice if she'd finally move out of Essos at the end of the season.

Wait a second. I dunno if I should tag it or not but I will to be safe but I'm struggling with the logic of Littlefinger's plan this season...
Okay. Littlefinger's plan, it seemed, was to have Sansa marry Ramsay.

1.) He would gain power with the Ramsays/Starks/North + the Eyrie and that's one of his big gains of power.
2.) He tells Sansa in his speech (which I believe is closer to his true motive since she has to feel like he's on her side for her use to him to continue also for the sex) in the catacombs at Winterfell that she's to wait there for Stannis to invade Winterfell and win since obviously Stannis would win and then Stannis would make Sansa the Warden of the North or at least in a huge position of power. Which would unite Littlefinger with Stannis?

Either play doesn't make much sense. He correctly predicts Stannis will attack, but it's a pretty risky roll of the dice to assume Stannis would win the battle. Regardless, and this is big, If his end goal is to have Sansa unite with Stannis why didn't he just send Sansa to Stannis in the first place? What would a marriage to Ramsay gain him? Nothing.

I guess maybe he figures if Stannis loses he still has the Bolton connection as a fallback but idk. It seems pretty loose and fast with logic and all pretty muddy.

-Vader

That was one of my issues of them deciding to bring Sansa to Winterfell, Littlefingers plan never made much sense and was very unlike Littlefinger. It sort of undermined his character.

Not to mention Stannis would never make a deal with Littlefinger. :lol:

Allstar wrote:That was one of my issues of them deciding to bring Sansa to Winterfell, Littlefingers plan never made much sense and was very unlike Littlefinger. It sort of undermined his character.

Not to mention Stannis would never make a deal with Littlefinger. :lol:
He also wildly misjudged Sansa and Ramsay to huge degrees.

Also-also, this is repeating stuff I posted from last season's watch but like. What exactly did Jaime and Bronn think was going to happen when they landed if not get attacked? You can't waltz into major cities and kidnap royalty. You can't do that at King's Landing any more than you can't do that in Dorne.

The character logic and motivation for like half the characters and storylines are just the thinnest and dumbest we've ever had. The more the writers seem to do post-Martin the dumber it gets. This has actually weakened my hype for S6 a good bit.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Also-also, this is repeating stuff I posted from last season's watch but like. What exactly did Jaime and Bronn think was going to happen when they landed if not get attacked? You can't waltz into major cities and kidnap royalty. You can't do that at King's Landing any more than you can't do that in Dorne.

The character logic and motivation for like half the characters and storylines are just the thinnest and dumbest we've ever had. The more the writers seem to do post-Martin the dumber it gets. This has actually weakened my hype for S6 a good bit.

-Vader
Definitely agree here, EVERYTHING about Dorne is stupid and lacks logic. And yes when they stray from Martin with major plot points they tend to not make much sense. Winterfell works better than Dorne but that is not saying much. When they stick to Martin they are always fine. So yeah, this is basically a concern for the rest of the series. Luckily I think they are going to try to get Jaime back on his book arc this season. I can't imagine Sansa can get back on her book arc though.

That being said I am greatly confident in this season. It sounds like it will be action packed and D&D are at their best writing that type of stuff.