Your Home Theater Setup

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:Since Crazy Eight decided to upload his home theater pics, I decided to share mine as well.
Wow! That's incredible.
:lol:
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on March 22nd, 2011, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I do not like to brag about it but I mentioned a few months ago I won the lotto so yeah...

chee wrote:Jesus Christ dude, how much did that cost?
We've had the PJ for awhile and back when we bought it cost $1,200. I don't remember how much the screen was but we got it for a reduced price. The In Wall speakers normally run $137 a piece, I got them for $36. Receiver, normally $400, I got it for $300. Sub, normally $450, I got it for $250. Center channel, normally $250, I got it for free. I got dealer prices for everything since I know a dealer well.
I hope you didn't buy that stuff...

Want to make movies or watch movies?! Go buy some glass Mr. O'Brien!
I bought some of it. Oh, Roman, just got a Canon 50mm F1.4 this past weekend. ;)
He's super rich.
I wish. As stated above, we got everything for reduced prices. The dealer who I got the gear from said this to me; "You have fine wine taste on a Kool Aid budget". :lol:
Reminds me of the hidden room in Flynn's Arcade in the new Tron movie.
Damn Crazy! That's awesome!
Thanks!
Crazy that is one amazing set up man. I'd kill to have something like that, real impressive, nice work!
Thanks, it was a lot of fun installing everything. And the sound I'm pumping out... fantastic. Clarity; amazing, bass; orgasmic.

I am the talented Mr. Ripley. I am going to steal your identity and live your life now.

Crazy Eight wrote:
chee wrote:Jesus Christ dude, how much did that cost?
We've had the PJ for awhile and back when we bought it cost $1,200. I don't remember how much the screen was but we got it for a reduced price. The In Wall speakers normally run $137 a piece, I got them for $36. Receiver, normally $400, I got it for $300. Sub, normally $450, I got it for $250. Center channel, normally $250, I got it for free. I got dealer prices for everything since I know a dealer well.
I hope you didn't buy that stuff...

Want to make movies or watch movies?! Go buy some glass Mr. O'Brien!
I bought some of it. Oh, Roman, just got a Canon 50mm F1.4 this past weekend. ;)
He's super rich.
I wish. As stated above, we got everything for reduced prices. The dealer who I got the gear from said this to me; "You have fine wine taste on a Kool Aid budget". :lol:
Reminds me of the hidden room in Flynn's Arcade in the new Tron movie.
Damn Crazy! That's awesome!
Thanks!
Crazy that is one amazing set up man. I'd kill to have something like that, real impressive, nice work!
Thanks, it was a lot of fun installing everything. And the sound I'm pumping out... fantastic. Clarity; amazing, bass; orgasmic.
Wait... you bought another 50... and the Canon one at that?

I'm disowning you. Done.

I'm disowning you. Done.
Yeah, but it's a 1.4 and I love shooting in low light when I can. I got the Canon one because it was half price (not a fan of how it's electronic though, at all). What do you have against 50's?

Crazy Eight wrote:

I'm disowning you. Done.
Yeah, but it's a 1.4 and I love shooting in low light when I can. I got the Canon one because it was half price (not a fan of how it's electronic though, at all). What do you have against 50's?
I have nothing against 50s, I have one myself. I have a problem with the idea of a person with limited resources buying another lens with the same focal length they already have. It gives you nothing else, but a third of a stop. No new way to view your subject than a way already possible. Another young fellow hit me up on Twitter asking for my advice and he was going to do the same thing you did. He got a wide angle instead.

Plus, the Nikon, Sigma, and Zeiss 50s are better.

I have a problem with the idea of a person with limited resources buying another lens with the same focal length they already have. It gives you nothing else, but a third of a stop.
I have an 18-55mm, and 28-80mm both at 5.6... I mean if you can find me a new 35mm at 1.4 for $200 be my guest, but those cost anywhere from $900-$5,000 online. I shoot in low light a lot and I've already tested the difference between 1.8-1.4 and it's huge when you're shooting in low or shitty light conditions.

Crazy Eight wrote:
I have a problem with the idea of a person with limited resources buying another lens with the same focal length they already have. It gives you nothing else, but a third of a stop.
I have an 18-55mm, and 28-80mm both at 5.6... I mean if you can find me a new 35mm at 1.4 for $200 be my guest, but those cost anywhere from $900-$5,000 online. I shoot in low light a lot and I've already tested the difference between 1.8-1.4 and it's huge when you're shooting in low or shitty light conditions.
Sigma 30mm F/1.4- $489.99 on Amazon. You can also get a set of continuous lights on Amazon (made for photo, but works for video for 200) Just saying. Canon also sells a 28 1.8 for around 400 and Sigma a 24 1.8 for similar pricing.

My home theater's making a HUGE step. I'm purchasing the flagship plasma from Panasonic this year, the VT30, 55'', and I'm getting it fully calibrated and broken in by professionals before getting it, only for another $350. So I'm damn excited. Should be getting it mid May.