Inherent Vice (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I'm struggling to remember how I exactly pictured Doc but I do dig JP's Wolverine meets John Lennon meets...Vietnam vet.
I think I've this/that before but from all the promo stuff, it makes so much sense (visually and performance wise). Only one person I've spoken to has said that JP wasn't necessarily the best person for the role- he said he was good but didn't truly embody Doc. We'll see.

Monicabbm wrote:
Thanks for those screens. The characters, costumes, sets and the whole atmosphere looks awesome 8-)

Recent interview with Josh Broling talking about the movie...

http://deadline.com/2014/11/josh-brolin ... 201295883/

"When Paul (Thomas Anderson) called me I was on my way to a vacation, and I was really tired. I had been working a lot. He called me and he said, “Hey, I may have some work for you”—I love that line—“Can you meet?” And I can’t believe I said, “Can we meet when I get back?” That’s how tired I was. My agent was like, “What the fuck did you say?”"

:lol:
Last edited by Vamos on November 25th, 2014, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

In my eyes he's a perfect Doc - partly because I wasn't sure what was exactly MY perfect doc, reading the book. It sort of like a cocktail of images that flash before your eyes... I get his personality, but I don't necessarily want to create a solid image of Doc in my head.

But similar thing happened to me with Potter - he never looked like Radcliffe to me, but then upon watching the movies I never thought - yeah but he isn't my Potter.

What I'm trying to say is - it's easy for me to distinguish the literary and cinematic images... but once they work in a different medium, going back I can easily apply newly established visuals in my brain. So now, when I read Inherent Vice, it's JP, not something everchanging in my brain. Same goes for Katherine etc.

Interview with Josh on the film...

Just downloaded audio book.

jamesfrancosogood.gif

Yeah I saw the audiobook roaming about.

Damn, I want this film as much as the Joker wants his phone call. I want it...give it to me...give it to me NAU! :ninja:

Now, go and watch The Master again and see what you missed.

ImageThat's great! :clap: