Inherent Vice (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies, you truly are a Robert Downey fan!
Let's just hope this is good.

ThePhantomTerror wrote:IWatchFilmsNotMovies, you truly are a Robert Downey fan!
Let's just hope this is good.
Haha not my fault the guy is a beast.

robert downey jr is one of the best actors we have today...sounds like a cool project

talli wrote:robert downey jr is one of the best actors we have today...sounds like a cool project
Yeah it seems like Roberts character is going to be similar to The Dude.

This movie won't be out for at least 3 years so i'll wait a little while to get excited for it.

I really hope PTA works quick (he never does) and shoots this in the fall for a 2013 release since he has to be basically done with The Master. Obviously I hope RDJ will still do this as he deserves to do something like this after blockbuster after blockbuster.

I'll give the book a read again. I didn't love it, but it was okay- an interesting read.. The characters are pretty cool.
I'm sure Anderson can elevate this beyond the book- I expect to have a really groovy vibe.
If this was a decade or so ago, Sportello would have been played by Johnny Depp.
Do you... like pineapple?

Talli Vladimir apparently had lunch with Paul Thomas Anderson and completely hit it off! Sources say Talli will play a massive pothead who loves to go surfing. Already confirmed to star is Robert Downey Jr. and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. One source said that "Talli is absolutely thrilled to be working with his all time favorite director and idol." Another source said that "Talli is planning to base his physicality on a penguin lol." Looks like Vladimir has finally landed his breakout role and one source said "Don't be surprised if you see him working opposite Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender next." Shooting is expected to begin this fall after Talli wraps up press duties for Katya.

Allstar wrote:
Talli Vladimir apparently had lunch with Paul Thomas Anderson and completely hit it off! Sources say Talli will play a massive pothead who loves to go surfing. Already confirmed to star is Robert Downey Jr. and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. One source said that "Talli is absolutely thrilled to be working with his all time favorite director and idol." Another source said that "Talli is planning to base his physicality on a penguin lol." Looks like Vladimir has finally landed his breakout role and one source said "Don't be surprised if you see him working opposite Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender next." Shooting is expected to begin this fall after Talli wraps up press duties for Katya.