The Marvels (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A sequel to Marvel's billion-dollar-grossing Captain Marvel is officially in the works.

The company has tapped rising scribe Megan McDonnell, a staff writer on the Marvel-based series WandaVision, to pen a script for a follow-up to the 2019 pic that starred Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson. McDonnell is in final negotiations to seal her deal.

Sources say that Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who co-wrote and directed the initial film hit, will not return to helm the sequel but are in talks to remain in the Marvel Universe and direct a possible Disney+ series. Marvel is hoping to find a female filmmaker for Captain Marvel 2 and is eyeing a potential 2022 release.

Details of any high-flying take were not revealed, but the new story will move the setting from the 1990s of the original movie to the present day.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... er-1272259

Wonder if this was the project that Feige offered to Lulu Wang.

Lorene Scafaria would be a great choice for this.

cap2n marvel

do it disny

No

Oku
Please hire a director that can actually direct and extract a performance worthy of the Oscar-winning actress that they snagged, instead of the smirking wooden piece of a non-performance that we ended up getting.

Will they have a main character in this one, that's the real question.

Cuz I feel like pieces of cardboard aren't exactly clamoring for work these days.

I thought the first was alright, I'll check this out. My concern is does a 2022 release mean GOTG 3 won't be until 2023?

Would love to see Debora Chow helm this, since her schedule is free now.

Cilogy wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 6:08 pm
Will they have a main character in this one, that's the real question.

Cuz I feel like pieces of cardboard aren't exactly clamoring for work these days.
will you settle for a cocky, wisecrack protagonist?

Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 gets a date: 7/8/22