House of the Dragon (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hells yes

My boi Sapochnik

I'm not familiar with Fire & Blood but I'm excited to see Sapochnik do his thing.

I'd like to think it's GRRM who chose which prequel to push forward, but it's unlikely.
I have doubts as to Sapochnik's ability as a showrunner, this completely different for him. And I did hope he'd work again with D&D on Netflix or would be given a big blockbuster to handle (I think he just finished directing one, though, but not for a franchise), since he's one of the very best current director when it comes to action. But man, if Sapochnik delivers, that will be something!

‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel ‘House Of The Dragon’ To Launch In 2022
House of the Dragon, HBO’s straight-to-series prequel to Game Of Thrones, is on track for a 2022 debut, HBO President of Programming Casey Bloys said in an interview with Deadline during TCA.

“My guess is sometime in 2022,” he said about when the series will premiere, stressing that it is too early to be more specific than that.

“They are starting writing,” Bloys said of the project from George R.R. Martin and Ryan Condal.

Written by Condal based on Martin’s Fire & Blood book, House of the Dragon is set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones and tells the story of House Targaryen, rich in the dragonlord ancestors of Daenerys.

“Obviously it’s a big, complicated show,” Bloys said, adding that there is no casting news yet. GoT veteran Miguel Sapochnik and Condal have partnered as showrunners and serve as executive producers on House of the Dragon along with GoT co-executive producers Martin and Vince Gerardis.

House of the Dragon was one of the four remaining GoT spinoffs in the works at HBO. The others are on hold, which could be indefinite — or temporary.

“For me for right now, I think getting House of the Dragon on the air will be the number one priority,” Bloys said. “There are no other blinking green lights or anything like that. Sometime down the road who knows, but there are no immediate plans. We are all focusing on House of the Dragon.”

Good, three years after the final season of Game of Thrones seems like a better fit than anything too soon.

I'm really looking forward to this, mostly because of Sapochnik's increased role.

Ace

Variety has learned that Considine has signed on to star in the series in the role of King Viserys I, who chosen by the lords of Westeros to succeed the Old King, Jaehaerys Targaryen, at the Great Council at Harrenhal. A warm, kind, and decent man, Viserys only wishes to carry forward his grandfather’s legacy. But good men do not necessarily make for great kings.

Fans of the lore created by George R.R. Martin will recall that Viserys I ruled over Westeros around 100 years after Aegon’s Conquest. His children, Rhaenyra and Aegon II, would ultimately fight a civil war over his throne that became known as the Dance of Dragons.

Awesome

So looks like the series will be Dance of the Dragons and not Aegon's conquest

radewart wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 8:33 pm
So looks like the series will be Dance of the Dragons and not Aegon's conquest
Yep and that’s a good thing. Dance with Dragons is def the most exciting part.

so hyped for my boi Sapochnik making this fully his own