Untitled Star Wars Film (Feige)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Marvel's Kevin Feige Developing New Star Wars Movie for Disney
To the surprise of no one, Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars fan. It might surprise many, however, that the Marvel Studios chief is going to be developing a Star Wars movie as Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy makes new plans for a wave of projects set in the universe, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Feige had discussed a foray into the Star Wars universe in a late summer meeting with Kennedy and studio co-chairmen Alan Horn and Alan Bergman, sources say. In response to a query from THR, Walt Disney Studios co-chairman and chief creative officer Horn said, "We are excited about the projects Kathy and the Lucasfilm team are working on, not only in terms of Star Wars but also Indiana Jones and reaching into other parts of the company including Children of Blood and Bone with Emma Watts and Fox. With the close of the Skywalker Saga, Kathy is pursuing a new era in Star Wars storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a Star Wars film together."

Some see this move as a prelude to a larger role for Feige within Lucasfilm, while others say it merely reflects the Marvel executive’s passion for the franchise. A top Disney source says Kennedy remains in charge with no plans for any changes. One knowledgeable source says Feige has told a major actor that there’s a specific role he would like that person to play if and when he makes the movie.

However, with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker set to hit theaters Dec. 20, it is understandable that Disney would like to keep as much about the future of the franchise under wraps as possible. Skywalker, otherwise known as Episode IX, is meant to be the final installment of the series that was first launched by George Lucas in 1977. It is also meant to win back fans after the last sequel trilogy entry, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, divided audiences, even though reviews were largely positive and the film grossed $1.3 billion worldwide.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ey-1243481

Yeah, Feige is probably eventually taking over if I had to guess.

We have the Rian Johnson trilogy, the Benioff and Weiss trilogy, that KOTOR trilogy. And with Lucasfilm seemingly scaling back on the films for one every 2 years, how is this going work?

BlairCo wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 10:16 pm
We have the Rian Johnson trilogy, the Benioff and Weiss trilogy, that KOTOR trilogy. And with Lucasfilm seemingly scaling back on the films for one every 2 years, how is this going work?
Plans change. Things can get moved around or canceled potentially.

I would not be surprised if we only see two of those trilogies come to fruition. Also, all that stuff Sony said about Feige's schedule being busy is complete bullshit if he can have a hold on both the MCU and a Star Wars movie.

Can’t wait for Star Wars to have MCU style cinematography!

Allstar wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 10:49 pm
Can’t wait for Star Wars to have MCU style cinematography!
I'm already dreading it

I want Feige to stay far away from Star Wars. He's everything this series shouldn't be, saying this as someone who really likes a lot of the MCU.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 12:28 am
I want Feige to stay far away from Star Wars. He's everything this series shouldn't be, saying this as someone who really likes a lot of the MCU.

-Vader
Too bad it’s already a done deal. Plus disney is in love with him so he will prob end up doing more than one movie if not totally take over. :|

Allstar wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 12:43 am
Vader182 wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 12:28 am

-Vader
Too bad it’s already a done deal. Plus disney is in love with him so he will prob end up doing more than one movie if not totally take over. :|
i'm not nearly as cynical as some and don't believe RJ's trilogy or D&D's will be cancelled. Or, if one of those two are cancelled, it'll be because they leave willfully not because Disney forced Feige on them. KK wouldn't let that happen. It would be the complete opposite approach than what they've been doing.

-Vader