Untitled Star Wars Film (Feige)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
She’s canceled projects and kicked people to the curb before several times already...this is not being cynical..that’s just a fact. Mangold, Colin, Trank, Edwards, L&M etc.

It’s more unlikely with Johnson since he already completed a movie with them. But would not be shocked if D&D are kicked to the curb, would suck but it wouldn’t stun me.

Allstar wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 12:56 am
She’s canceled projects and kicked people to the curb before several times already...this is not being cynical..that’s just a fact. Mangold, Colin, Trank, Edwards, L&M etc.

It’s more unlikely with Johnson since he already completed a movie with them. But would not be shocked if D&D are kicked to the curb, would suck but it wouldn’t stun me:
you keep doing this in multiple threads where you're making bad faith arguments that you have to know are bad. why are you being like this again lol

-Vader

What? This isn’t an “argument”.

Allstar wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 1:19 am
What? This isn’t an “argument”.
you're editorializing and pretending you aren't. have an opinion all you want, plenty would agree with what you're saying, but don't pretend that's not what you're doing.

it's so unbelievably tiring to interact with someone playing these games. be better.

-Vader

Dude, I’m just not ruling anything out going forward, that’s it. I really don’t know. I’m not even predicting anything, I just wouldn’t be shocked. This is a genuine opinion.

Also, genuine opinion: I wouldn’t be heartbroken if Rian walked away because I love his original movies. D&D would bother me. I also have a feeling Feige will likely be involved in more than a single movie...total speculation.

Allstar wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 2:13 am
Dude, I’m just not ruling anything out going forward, that’s it. I really don’t know. I’m not even predicting anything, I just wouldn’t be shocked. This is a genuine opinion.

Also, genuine opinion: I wouldn’t be heartbroken if Rian walked away because I love his original movies. D&D would bother me. I also have a feeling Feige will likely be involved in more than a single movie...total speculation.
That's fair enough. But we both know saying KK "kicked them to the curb" is misleading and a false equivalency. Each situation had different circumstances, half of which were circumstantial and not creative.

KK's biggest misstep was giving young filmmakers too long of a leash during production. She supported Edwards and L&M to a fault. She should've isolated the problems sooner and stepped in to resolve them faster. Rogue One and Solo would be way better movies if she had.

The bottom line? She supports filmmakers.

-Vader

guess you can't have enough star wars...

Nomis wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 5:05 am
guess you can't have enough star wars...

Allstar wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 10:49 pm
Can’t wait for Star Wars to have MCU style cinematography!
Judgement is reserved until we see what they do to Rob Hardy's work.

‘Loki’ Exec Producer Michael Waldron Tapped To Write Kevin Feige’s ‘Star Wars’ Movie As Part Of New Deal With Disney
After penning Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness and serving as head writer and exec producer on the upcoming Disney Plus series Loki, Michael Waldron is looking to stay in business with Walt Disney Studios in a big way. Sources tell Deadline Waldron has been set to write a new Star Wars feature film that Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios and Chief Creative Officer, Marvel, will develop and produce for Lucasfilm and Disney. This just one part of the recent deal Waldron signed with the studios that will keep him in business with Disney for some time.

Besides writing this new Star Wars film, the deal is also expected to bring back Waldron in some capacity for season 2 of Loki. Not only is the deal rarity at the studios, it clearly shows how much faith Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm has in Waldron going forward and should surely open doors for years to come and many more high-profile properties.