Hustlers (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 8:15 pm
I fucking loved this!
Do go on.

I think I just really liked the way female friendships were explored, especially in an environment like a strip club. It can be so valuable to have friends in a place like that.

Also as someone who remembers 2007-2013 the musical cues were really on point. It's like such a small detail but it really immerses you in the time period this film take a place in.

The acting was amazing. I really hope JLo gets that Oscar. She was the scene stealer.

Cardi B was hilarious in her small role and I wish she got more to so.

This is honestly one of my favorite movies of the year so far.

That's a lot of word vomit but yeah, I loved this movie

Artemis wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 8:59 pm
I think I just really liked the way female friendships were explored, especially in an environment like a strip club. It can be so valuable to have friends in a place like that.

Also as someone who remembers 2007-2013 the musical cues were really on point. It's like such a small detail but it really immerses you in the time period this film take a place in.

The acting was amazing. I really hope JLo gets that Oscar. She was the scene stealer.

Cardi B was hilarious in her small role and I wish she got more to so.

This is honestly one of my favorite movies of the year so far.

That's a lot of word vomit but yeah, I loved this movie
yes

-Vader

I really loved how
Ramona forgives Destiny and still loves her despite taking the plea deal. In a lot of movies and shows Ramona would hate Destiny but not here and I appreciated that. It also shows Ramona's empathy since she too has a daughter and would have done the same thing.

Artemis wrote:
Also as someone who remembers 2007-2013
Amazing! Please, tell us more how people lived back in the olden years ;)

j/k

LelekPL wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:00 am
Artemis wrote:

j/k
lmao!

Yes, I’m way too young to remember that!
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 15th, 2019, 5:13 pm
The movie was lame as heck. Showgirls was better. At least there were fully nude scenes with chicks.
:blank:

LelekPL wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:00 am
Artemis wrote:

j/k
Okay ur officially NOT joining my gang that goes around swindling rich people :P

But for real though those years really do seem like a lifetime away.

Artemis wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 8:15 pm
I fucking loved this!
saw it on thursday, same

Artemis wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 9:58 pm
I really loved how
Ramona forgives Destiny and still loves her despite taking the plea deal. In a lot of movies and shows Ramona would hate Destiny but not here and I appreciated that. It also shows Ramona's empathy since she too has a daughter and would have done the same thing.
yeah.
what hustlers does that i've maybe never seen before is how both leads fuck eachother over in different ways, but do so either in ignorance or reasonable self-preservation, so they each 'get it' even when they are severely wounded by the other's actions. Their relationship has a complexity to it that dwarfs many like it in other "gangster movie" type films.

-Vader

McKay and O. Russell wish they could make a movie this good. Academy would have showered them with Oscars if their hack names was on this as the director.