Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Word has it that the deal is 25% to 75% now.

oh wow. this is sooooooo surprising. /s

With Sony and Disney/Marvel having agreed to co-financing terms on the third Spider-Man Homecoming movie Friday, it should come as no surprise to hear that Jon Watts is in talks to return to the $2 billion-grossing franchise he directed. This is great news for fans of the series as it means continuity.
https://deadline.com/2019/09/jon-watts- ... 202746782/

Lol, Disney wins and Spiderman is once again an Ironman sidekick at the MCU. I share William Bibbiani's sentiment on this: Sony made Spiderman, Spiderman 2 and Into the Spiderverse and have done frankly more interesting stuff with the character than Disney has ever tried to do, even though all the money they have theoretically could have enabled them to do anything they wanted with the character. Also, for people online to pretend that Sony previously was somehow the bad guy for doing what they wanted with a character they own the rights to is just insane and shows than fanboys don't care about (or know much of) anything.

Super-powerful corporation overpowers less powerful corporation.
https://twitter.com/WitneySeibold/statu ... 9455062016

Iron Man's sidekick? Have you seen Endgame by any chance.

Master Virgo wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 5:40 pm
Iron Man's sidekick? Have you seen Endgame by any chance.
Yes, maybe 'Ironman fanboy' would be more accurate, though I would not put it past the Disney machine to undo even the most permanent of story developments at this point to make a buck.

I guess they'll renegotiate after this one?

I was actually quite excited about a new Spider-Man film not so heavily connected to the MCU. I mean, fun that it's (still) part of it but he's so intertwined into the MCU's story
and Iron Man's death etc.
that it's also a sort of soft reboot to take it away from all that.

Again, I figure that if a deal can be made now, another deal can be made after this film? I also wonder what that means for Sony's plans for a shared universe. I doubt anything else (Venom, Morbius) will connect with the MCU since there never were any shared rights for those pics.

A live-action Spider-Verse seems to be a nice way to shake it up if Spider-Man will in fact leave the MCU for good at some point

Nomis wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 6:51 pm
Again, I figure that if a deal can be made now, another deal can be made after this film? I also wonder what that means for Sony's plans for a shared universe. I doubt anything else (Venom, Morbius) will connect with the MCU since there never were any shared rights for those pics.
Feige said
"Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”
So Holland's Spider-Man could appear in both the MCU and the Sony movies, possibly meeting Hardy's Venom and the likes.

Then I guess they're going to make it an aspect of the story, rather than just have him popping up in Sony's cinematic universe without acknowledging it.

Looks like Feige is planning to give a proper send off to Spidey over the next two films that he is in MCU. I wonder what they are cooking up. I guess most everything big in the next phase are going to be directly related to Multiverse of Madness.