The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This was an interesting movie. A lot of great commentary about the boxes we put ourselves into and the boxes we create for others, especially around race, family, and masculinity. Had some great symbolism and discussion about gentrification and property rights. Pacing was a little off for me. But the overall movie was really poignant and different. I think they could have shaved maybe 15 minutes off and made it tighter but overall I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

This is amazing.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
One of the better scores of 2019

Jonathan Majors is probably my favorite supporting role of the year. He steals the film for me.

The scene towards the end where it shows him doing all the same things but without his best friend is just beautiful.

Durden wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 3:52 pm
Jonathan Majors is probably my favorite supporting role of the year. He steals the film for me.

The scene towards the end where it shows him doing all the same things but without his best friend is just beautiful.
everyone involved in this is such a find.

Adam Newport-Berra's cinematography....Majors...Jimmie Fails...Emile Mosseri's music. it's all incredible.

seeing something this new, earnest and totally unique (weird) is honestly pretty revitalizing as a fan of film

-Vader

It was one of my favorites of last year.