Ready or Not (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This film, directed by both Matt Bettinelli-Olpin (V/H/S; The Devil's Due) and Tyler Gillet (The Devil's Due) is set to be released on 21 August 2019. Starring among others Samara Weaving and Adam Brody, this black comedy thriller focuses on a young bride marrying into the family of her husband. But before she can officially join the family, there is still a family tradition to be followed: an elaborate game of hide-and-seek that lasts until the dawn. Things get stranger and more intense as the reason behind this custom becomes increasingly clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYTwUxhAoI

I'm really excited for this. So far it's getting great reviews and the premise sounds interesting. It might be a fun movie.

Just watched this one today. It's actually quite fun. Not as scary or as funny as I had initially thought but still very engaging and visceral in a couple of places. Samara Weaving is excellent in this and Adam Brody as the cynical brother is quite endearing. The violence becomes quite brutal on occasion, even though the film is not so much frightening as really intense. Overall, I really enjoyed this film and it's not too long either (around 90 minutes).

8/10
Last edited by Batfan175 on September 6th, 2019, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batfan175 wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 1:57 pm
Just watched this one today. It's actually quite fun. Not as scary or as funny as I had initially thought but still very engaging and visceral in a couple of places. Samantha Weaving is excellent in this and Adam Brody as the cynical brother is quite endearing. The violence becomes quite brutal on occasion, even though the film is not so much frightening as really intense. Overall, I really enjoyed this film and it's not too long either (around 90 minutes).

8/10
*Samara.

Numbers wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 1:57 pm
Just watched this one today. It's actually quite fun. Not as scary or as funny as I had initially thought but still very engaging and visceral in a couple of places. Samara Weaving is excellent in this and Adam Brody as the cynical brother is quite endearing. The violence becomes quite brutal on occasion, even though the film is not so much frightening as really intense. Overall, I really enjoyed this film and it's not too long either (around 90 minutes).

8/10
*Samara.
Thanks for the correction.