Obi-Wan Kenobi (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
yeh

they should've taken their time

Should have been a movie tbh

I don't know where they could fit Skywalker tho, if they wanted to delay it to 2020.

Master Virgo wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm
I don't know where they could fit Skywalker tho, if they wanted to delay it to 2020.
Sure, but it's just emblematic of scheduling things in fixed production limits regardless whether they'll be ready to shoot or not and Episode IX was arguably the trickiest to do of all 3 sequel trilogy movies.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Isn't this what we were all hoping would happen to TROS?

-Vader
I feel like taking more time isn't really going to affect anything when the minds of Disney, Iger, Kennedy, etc. are so inconsistent and cluttered about what they're wanting.

Bacon wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 7:05 pm
Vader182 wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Isn't this what we were all hoping would happen to TROS?

-Vader
I feel like taking more time isn't really going to affect anything when the minds of Disney, Iger, Kennedy, etc. are so inconsistent and cluttered about what they're wanting.
That's a period of 1.5 years (early 2017 to August 2018 when production began) where four different writers tried and failed to get a story ready for production.

The lack of unified vision inside LFL is indeed part of the failing of TROS, but the fact they forced a release date with material they knew wasn't ready is equally (or more) responsible.

You can see the same pattern with Obi-Wan; they waited until the last minute to pull the plug, very nearly entering production on scripts they knew needed work.

-Vader

This is my first time saying this but it’s prob time for KK to go.

Allstar wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 9:35 pm
This is my first time saying this but it’s prob time for KK to go.
Yeah, at this point, probably.

Oku
The problem with Star Wars is that there is a limited range of stuff that makes Star Wars Star Wars: lightsabers, the Force, the Jedi, the Sith, the Dark Side, etc.

Venture outside of those narrow confines and you get derivative "homage"s like The Mandalorian with its thinly-slapped-on Star Wars skin, without which it could be just as easily be any generic sci-fi show.

That's probably the dilemma that all the writers who tried tacking the Kenobi series couldn't solve: the fundamental question of why.

Yeah, the Star Wars universe is small, very repetitive, very superficial with a very limited number of elements that both the films and tv shows have decided to explore. At this point, it is 100% nostalgia and paper thin. Even the idea of an Obi-Wan tv show by itself is in principle just retreading water by trying to hook people with stuff that's familiar to them. Giant doomsday space stations with lasers, people in black armours and capes and a bunch of neon-lights on sticks. That's what Star Wars is and always was: a bunch of toy commercials for kids to make up their own stories with their own toys.