Untitled Walking Dead Film (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
First teaser trailer here

Directed by Greg Nicotero, starring Andrew Lincoln and Pollyanna McIntosh.

Here’s what franchise architect Scott Gimple said about the expansion plans earlier this year:

It is really important for the audience to know that we are going to be continuing to tell the story of Rick Grimes in these AMC Studios original films. We don’t want this thing to be like, “Oh, well, he’ll be back on the show any moment now.” We are telling Rick’s story in another medium, and it’s going to be these AMC Studios original films. They’re going to be on AMC, most probably. They’re centered around Rick Grimes. We’re going to tell the story of what happens after that helicopter flight, and these are going to be big, epic entertainments. Each are quality films. That’s what’s been happening in the industry. We’ve seen Netflix make these, basically, studio films for people to watch in their homes, and we’re going to be doing the same sort of thing here.

We are talking about a trilogy for this Rick Grimes story. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the only Rick Grimes stories we’re ever going to tell, and also they’re probably not going to be the only movies that we tell. The Rick Grimes story, of course, is the biggest thing that we’re doing right off the bat, but we’re going to be doing a number of different Walking Dead things over the next few years. A universe of stuff. We’re not going to release it all at once. We’re going to be putting things out over the years for maximum effect. We don’t want to overwhelm folks with it.

Oku
Good move.

Gave up on the show a long time ago, but this actually piques my interest, if only slightly.

I think I'm one or two seasons behind? idk I watched like 6 or 7 seasons in two months or so and then caught up but it's just soooo sloooow