Thor: Love & Thunder (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

And here we go... :facepalm:
We know nothing about the story yet and the arguments have started already :lol:

y'all just ain't ready for Portman kicking names and taking ass ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Natalie was ready for this role years ago. I wonder how heavily they’ll draw their inspiration from Aaron’s run but I’m guessing her illness is a given. Also a solid reason for why she was gone for so long.

Nomis wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 7:14 am
y'all just ain't ready for Portman kicking names and taking ass ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:lol:

Love and Thunder= a ridiculous title (unless they're going to go full comedy, which maybe that will work somehow--Ragnarok was basically a comedy).

Portman as Thor is so underwhelming. As others have mentioned, her acting has been one note in these movies and she is 5'3" and tiny as hell. Not sure how they'll make this work.

On the positive side, I am glad Waititi is returning.

Portman's stature is of no importance. Her powers will be supernatural it doesn't matter how she looks. It will be less unbelievable than say Black Widow who has no superpowers and is pretty tiny.

LelekPL wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 9:43 am
Portman's stature is of no importance. Her powers will be supernatural it doesn't matter how she looks. It will be less unbelievable than say Black Widow who has no superpowers and is pretty tiny.
I kind of think the supernatural aspect will make it look less convincing. Regardless, Portman was the worst aspect of the first 2 films and why is she worthy of lifting the hammer when only Vision and Steve Rogers have been afforded that honor?

m4st4 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:59 am
Geoffrey wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:13 am
So they actually set this up with Endgame by allowing Captain America to wield Mjolnir. In that case, there are actually three Thors: Actual Thor, Female Thor, and American Thor. I wonder if they'll try to make an Iron Woman too. At what point does it become too much? They are reducing the uniquity of each character if they continually replace them as time goes on. As you can see, they are also doing it with Captain America.
Uhm... what the hell?

‘Iron Woman’, as you call her, already exists, her name is Riri, she’s a teenager and goes under different name.

As you cannot see, but as a reminder to perhaps do some research, all of these things already exist in comic books and are practicslly old news brought to the big screen under different wrap. And before judging any of the decisions I guess it’s better to just... read, things? Some of them are even Eisner awarded.
There's a reason that I italicized Iron Woman. I was referring to a potential movie, not the character in general. If Bucky or Falcon become "Captain America", if Pepper Pots becomes "Iron Woman", if every single hero is simply replaced over time, then each hero becomes less interesting. Before judging my comments, maybe it's better to just...reread things?

This is very likely to be a 100% full-blown comedy. Taika's writing it this time and will likely have more freedom than in Ragnarok

Curious to see how Portman will work with that material. I really like her, but haven't really seen her comedic chops

Also, this kinda confirms Thor isn't in Guardians 3, which is good news to me. Let Thor to Taika and the Guardians to Gunn and all is good in the world