Mank (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So Fincher is coming back to life one of his abundant old and unmade projects. I really hope he can make Rendez vous with Rama one day.

And it was Kevin Spacey that was attached to play Mankiewicz at the time.
https://www.indiewire.com/2014/09/from- ... er-271772/

I'm curious to see who will be the cinematographer on this, Jeff Cronenweth ? Or I'm dreaming of a new collaboration with Darius Khondji.

And please, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for the music.

I'm pretty excited for this in general. I mean, Fincher/Oldman is going to be pure gold, but I really love they've already chosen to shoot this in black and white. I think digital lends itself greatly for that too. Fingers crossed for an HDR release on Netflix like they did with Mindhunter.

Awful title.

Just want to say that people really needs to stop bitching on Netflix considering how they're consistently being the ones funding great directors' passion projects that would never get financed elsewhere.

Who cares if you don't see it in a theater if you can't see it at all.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 9:44 pm
Just want to say that people really needs to stop bitching on Netflix considering how they're consistently being the ones funding great directors' passion projects that would never get financed elsewhere.

Who cares if you don't see it in a theater if you can't see it at all.
Yep

I mean good on Netflix for doing that but if my fave director was getting a passion project finally realized, I'd love to see it on the big screen. Roma was a beautiful experience in theaters and I enjoy seeing Fincher's films in theaters too. Same with Scorsese.

I just don't want the theater experience to go away with home streaming getting in on the movie game.

After having seeing three films from 1932-1933 on 35mm and seeing a fourth one tomorrow, I kind of have stronger opinions now about the theater experience.

Again, we’re in agreement theatrical is ideal but Netflix is much better (by far) than the film never being made. Can’t be picky about the distributor when Fincher hasn’t made a film in half a decade.

Artemis wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 11:39 pm
I mean good on Netflix for doing that but if my fave director was getting a passion project finally realized, I'd love to see it on the big screen. Roma was a beautiful experience in theaters and I enjoy seeing Fincher's films in theaters too. Same with Scorsese.

I just don't want the theater experience to go away with home streaming getting in on the movie game.

After having seeing three films from 1932-1933 on 35mm and seeing a fourth one tomorrow, I kind of have stronger opinions now about the theater experience.
Luckily we got to see Roma on the big screen. It wasn't the same case with Annihilation, at least not outside the US :cry:

also which films did you saw on 35mm?

Nomis wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 5:31 am
Artemis wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 11:39 pm

Luckily we got to see Roma on the big screen. It wasn't the same case with Annihilation, at least not outside the US :cry:

also which films did you saw on 35mm?
I also saw Annihilation in theaters and it was cool considering how the colors translated on a big screen.

I saw:
Babyface
Employee's Entrance
Blessed Event

Today I'm seeing Blood Money.

My Fine Arts Museum is doing a series on pre-code Hollywood and most films are in 35mm.

oh nice that you saw Annihilation on the big screen, I did like the fact that netflix released it in HDR though so that eases the pain a bit lol

cool that you got to see those films on 35mm! I recently missed out on A Matter of Life and Death on 35mm...