The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
atilasantos wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 12:28 pm
The first Matrix is all we need, Wachowskis. After Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending... Thanks, but no thanks.
Cloud Atlas is a masterpiece though

Artemis wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 12:20 pm
I think people mostly dislike the third one because they spend a lot of time in Zion and not in the Matrix.
I thought that was a nice juxtaposition compared to the first two films*. Besides being the third of a trilogy it still feels too much like the entire film is a third act. There are still some good ideas in it but overall it functions too much as a 'we need to tie some things up and give this a conclusive ending' rather than it standing more on its own. Know what I mean?

The first film is still the best but I just love Reloaded, it flows so well and it's highly entertaining. I always watch Revolutions too to seal the trilogy off lol. It's spectacular and has got a few effective emotional scenes, but it's not as multilayered as the first two films.

*the fight scene prior to he club scene is just way too reminiscent of anything we've seen before. I think he Zion action is all but that, and that's why I think it's such a great sequence. With it of course functioning as quite a spectacular action sequence.

All three films continue to age wonderfully btw. I recently rewatched them all, the 4K remasters, they're truly stunning.

The first film works as a great stand-alone.

The exclusion of Marcus Chong kills my interest in the sequels.

I liked Reloaded as a sequel that expands upon the world of the first, but I don't like having the story forced into a trilogy format.

I love all three films, and certainly like Revolutions much more than the masses do. The slow-mo shot of Neo and Smith slamming into the ground still holds up to special effects standards today.

The first film is relentless from the first time they go into the matrix, onward. Love it. Same with the second film, from Neo going into the matrix till the end of the freeway chase scene. It's just great cinema all around.

Ace
The Wachowski’s Set To Return To Direct Michael B. Jordan’s ‘Matrix’ Film – Eyeing Early 2020 Production Start In Chicago
Last month, Chad Stahelski said to Yahoo Movies that the Wachowskis will be returning in some format in the new ‘Matrix’ film. He reportedly told the outlet: “I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved. And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”

However, Slashfilm has since reported that the comment is inaccurate and was taken out of context, but nevertheless we have heard a new ‘Matrix’ film is happening soon at Warner Bros with the Wachowskis set to return to direct.

As previously reported by THR, Zak Penn will write the screenplay and Michael B Jordan will star. We have learned that the Wachowskis will return to direct the film and will begin production in early 2020 in Chicago, they have been secretly prepping the film under the working title “Project Ice Cream”. Plot details are currently under wraps for the film however the project is already beginning to fill out it’s crew with Hugh Bateup, who was an art director on 1999’s ‘The Matrix’ set to return to the franchise as the production designer for this film.

Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society Productions and Warner Bros will produce the film, it is currently unknown whether the film will still be a reboot or will be a sequel to the previous trilogy.

The GWW has also reported that the film will shoot in Chicago under the name ‘Project Ice Cream’ with Lana Wachowski set to be one of the directors.
https://discussingfilm.net/2019/06/22/t ... exclusive/

atilasantos wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 1:23 pm
Me when I read the name Zak Penn

Monica Bellucci pls return

Prime time for Keanu Reeves’ comeback, not a new protagonist.

Artemis wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 10:05 pm
Monica Bellucci pls return