The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
May 2021 release at the earliest I guess?

I'm so excited about this actually happening. I fucking love The Matrix and I adore Reloaded and Revolutions is spectacular. It's true that it's the least dense in terms of story and the narrative doesn't flows as well as the other two but still. I love them all dearly. I watched them all, from 4K remasters, last winter and it was pure bliss.

I really hope they got a great story on their hands. It's a very exciting world the Wachowski's have built and Reeves and Anne-Moss are integral to it. Fingers crossed Fishburne also returns, he's just as much part of it as those two.

Unnecessary, but kinda exciting

exciting as fuck

atilasantos wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 4:16 pm
Unnecessary, but kinda exciting
that word is a quick route down an existential rabbit hole imho

And bring Chad Stahelski back as the 2nd unit director. And also Bill Pope.

Bring back Pantoliano and name the movie After Earth: Cypher Rage

Fishburne has to return

edit: won't Bill Pope be too busy with Shang-Chi? It would be nice if they'd get him back too though. I really hope they'll shoot this on film. It is WB so I think there is a chance.

I hope they should just seriously call it "The Matrix: Reboot". Just have the machine reboot the matrix and mess things up. Have it ala Groundhog Day/Edge of Tomorrow/Star Trek: The Next Generation(Cause and Effect) and or Yesterday's Enterprise/Looper. I mean that premise is always cool and interesting and would greatly fit right into The Matrix.

Ace
'Braveheart' Cinematographer John Toll Boarding 'Matrix 4'
The two-time Oscar winner's credits include "Legends of the Fall,' 'The Thin Red Line' and 'Iron Man 3.'

Cinematographer John Toll, who won two back-to-back Oscars for his work for Edward Zwick's Legends of the Fall in 1994 and Mel Gibson's Braveheart in 1995, is in negotiations to shoot the new Matrix movie, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Lana Wachowski, who co-created the trilogy with Lilly Wachowski, is returning to the director's chair for the endeavor, and Toll's deal, when closed, will reunite him with the filmmaker, for whom he shot features Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, and the Wachowskis' Netflix series, Sense8.

Toll's next film is Harriet, directed by Kasi Lemmons and staring Cynthia Erivo, which is slated to open Nov 1.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/b ... ssion=true

this all sounds great. if they can come up with a set piece equal to the freeway chase from Reloaded it'd have been worth it.

which, ps, is one of the best set pieces ever

-Vader