The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

No thank you

So if its 68 years before the first book that means it is set 6 years into the Hunger Games regime... Do I care? probably not.

haven't even seen the last 2 parter lol

Lionsgate on Tuesday unveiled a long-anticipated The Hunger Games prequel movie in the works as trilogy writer Suzanne Collins gets set to release her The Ballad of Songbirds and Snake novel on May 19.

The Hunger Games prequel film will focus on Coriolanus Snow at age 18, years before he would become the tyrannical President of Panem. Young Coriolanus is handsome and charming, and though the Snow family has fallen on hard times, he sees a chance for a change in his fortunes when he is chosen to be a mentor for the Tenth Hunger Games, only to have his elation dashed when he is assigned to mentor the girl tribute from impoverished District 12.

Color Force’s Nina Jacobson, who has produced all of the films in the Hunger Games franchise, will produce the film adaptation of the new novel, along with her partner Brad Simpson. Francis Lawrence, who directed Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part 1, and Mockingjay Part 2, will return to the director’s chair.

Collins will write the film’s treatment and Michael Arndt, the Oscar- winning screenwriter of Little Miss Sunshine, will adapt the screenplay. Arndt previously served as one of the writers of Catching Fire.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... te-1291105

if they wanted to make more hunger games movies, they should have done a prequel on the first quarter quell games where district residents willingly chose *players* by name

that would have been properly brutal

a bold sequel for the coens but i have faith

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 9:41 pm
a bold sequel for the coens but i have faith
I wanted to post something like this, but yours is better so I won't

Book is out today and it's actually good so far, only genuine drawback is the obviousness of Snow as the protagonist, but thankfully Anakin 2.0 or whatever this is not (albeit I'm sure they knew this is a low bar to clear)