The Way of the Wind (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Terry is already back at work, wonderful : https://thefilmstage.com/news/terrence- ... st-planet/
Three years after production began, Terrence Malick finally premiered his World War II era drama A Hidden Life at Cannes Film Festival, which our own Leonardo Goi praised, calling it a “wrenching ode to faith.” Quickly picked up by his The Tree of Life distributors Fox Searchlight for a release later this year, the director was even there to celebrate at the festival–but it wasn’t his only reason to head to Europe.

Reports are coming in that the elusive filmmaker has begun shooting his next film near Rome. Various Italian publications are reporting that Malick has embarked on a shoot for his new film The Last Planet near Anzio, south of Rome, notably in the nature reserve of Tor Caldara. The film will reportedly convey passages “in the life of Christ” through representing evangelical parables. One Big Soul adds that the shoot has actually been underway for a few weeks.

No other details have been unveiled thus far, including if this film is more documentary-based a la Voyage of Time or if an ensemble of actors will take part, but it’s nice to hear that Malick’s prolific streak has not subsided for what will be his eleventh feature.

The City of Anzio mayor Candido De Angelis says the town is “honored to have been chosen by a director and contemporary artist of the international depth of Terrence Malick.” Check out a video of the location below.

Glad Malick is back at it again

Some BIG AND WONDERFUL UPDATES about Terry's next piece of art :
https://www.facebook.com/OneBigSoul.The ... _tn__=kC-R

Actually under the working tittle "The Last Planet" but the movie will be actually tittled "Samarkanda"

Jörg Widmer will be the cinematographer again, after A Hidden Life

It's apparently an other life's project for Malick that he wanted to make since a long time now.

Apparently, the film is about " humanity, starting from the Big Bang to the Apocalypse"

And apparently, some indications are showing that he may work on two projects at the same time, but it's not completely sure.

The Master is alive, no doubt about that.

https://thefilmstage.com/news/terrence- ... st-planet/
Terrence Malick’s magnificent new drama A Hidden Life, which finds him reteaming with Fox Searchlight after his magnum opus The Tree of Life, is currently enjoying screenings at TIFF, but the recently-prolific director isn’t resting on his laurels. It was revealed earlier this summer that he embarked on production on The Last Planet, a film that would convey passages in the life of Christ through representing evangelical parables.

Now, we have more enticing details, including the first cast members. Oscar winner Mark Rylance unveiled he’s part of the film, as well as two more additions to the ensemble, while speaking at the Deauville American Film Festival to Allocine. Matthias Schoenaerts, who has a role in A Hidden Life, will reteam with the director, while Son of Saul star Géza Röhrig is also coming on board.

Here’s where things get more intriguing as Rylance reveals he’ll be playing Satan, Schoenaerts is playing Saint Peter, and Röhrig will be playing Jesus. Translated from French, Rylance added, “Terry wrote four versions of the character of Satan, and I thought I would play only one. But I heard I was going to play all four. One of them must have been a woman at some point, but it was when he asked me to grow a beard that I realized I wasn’t going to do it that way. I’m very happy to act for Terrence Malick, but I’m intrigued, because I hear he talks to you all the time. And coming from the theater, I’m not used to the director yelling at me while I act or tell me what to do. But his films always intrigued me.”
HOLY MOLY.

Terry is going to blow our mind again I guess, and I can't wait for that.

Nolan62 wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 6:05 pm
https://thefilmstage.com/news/terrence- ... st-planet/
Terrence Malick’s magnificent new drama A Hidden Life, which finds him reteaming with Fox Searchlight after his magnum opus The Tree of Life, is currently enjoying screenings at TIFF, but the recently-prolific director isn’t resting on his laurels. It was revealed earlier this summer that he embarked on production on The Last Planet, a film that would convey passages in the life of Christ through representing evangelical parables.

Now, we have more enticing details, including the first cast members. Oscar winner Mark Rylance unveiled he’s part of the film, as well as two more additions to the ensemble, while speaking at the Deauville American Film Festival to Allocine. Matthias Schoenaerts, who has a role in A Hidden Life, will reteam with the director, while Son of Saul star Géza Röhrig is also coming on board.

Here’s where things get more intriguing as Rylance reveals he’ll be playing Satan, Schoenaerts is playing Saint Peter, and Röhrig will be playing Jesus. Translated from French, Rylance added, “Terry wrote four versions of the character of Satan, and I thought I would play only one. But I heard I was going to play all four. One of them must have been a woman at some point, but it was when he asked me to grow a beard that I realized I wasn’t going to do it that way. I’m very happy to act for Terrence Malick, but I’m intrigued, because I hear he talks to you all the time. And coming from the theater, I’m not used to the director yelling at me while I act or tell me what to do. But his films always intrigued me.”
HOLY MOLY.

Terry is going to blow our mind again I guess, and I can't wait for that.
Little UPDTATE :
https://t.co/XKCitqf9cV
Making matters even better is the fact that Italian actor Alfonso Postiglione decided to drop some news about “The Last Planet” on his Instagram, revealing that he’ll be part of the cast alongside Joseph Fiennes, Douglas Booth, and Lorenzo Gioielli. However, if you actually read the post by Postiglione, he hints that the characters he revealed are actually playing “the writer,” “the director,” and two “producers,” with Malick being listed as “the magister.”

Now, we’re basing this on a caption to a social media post, so take it with a grain of salt, but if these descriptions are accurate, does that mean that Malick is planning on a meta “film inside a film” narrative for “The Last Planet?” Hopefully, we’ll find out more about the film soon.

At this point, however, with this cast, it’s hard not to get excited for the upcoming project, whatever form it takes.

i desperately want a malick movie where someone in the third act says "The last planet... is EARTH!"

What the fuck this sounds crazy. I gotta see his movie that’s actually coming out this year first though lol

What a random list of actors.

MyCocaine wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 10:14 pm
What a random list of actors.
Yeah, especially Röhrig:D But I'm quite happy for him, and what I've seen from Son of Saul, I think he's a surprisingly good choice for the role of Jesus.

fucking in